Look what the cat dragged in - Dacia Shifterossa!!!!

Rmx

Got myself a little project, MASSIVE thanks to Sam Glover for helping me out.

More pictures tomorrow but just a brief history: vehicle was left in a garden for about 10 to 12 years, then spent around 3 to 4 years in Sam's possession.

The body has rust, ALOT of rust, SH!T LOADS of rust......hope you're getting how much rust by now :-)

The engine turns over, played with it for about an hour today however no spark. Turns out the ignition cool is busted by the looks of things which will get replaced tomorrow.

post-18056-0-47647900-1409518728_thumb.jpg

post-18056-0-98489100-1409518741_thumb.jpg

post-18056-0-82875600-1409518760_thumb.jpg

Think this is the last shifterossa around indeed.

I've read a post about a standard one but not sure what came of it, think it may have been scrapped in the end.

I'm a chuffed to say the least, and once it's fully restored it will definetley be the only one on the road.

Cartell says this is a 'DACIA PICK-UP'.

The oh-so-accurate HowManyLeft says one was last on the road in 2010, which is probably this one. 

There are two others on SORN and none on the road. 

The Denem is apparently extinct, except someone inexplicably taxed one for a year in 2005.

Apparently there are 2 Dusters out there, and 6 on SORN...

The one in the picture is the one I read about too. That's a standard shifter I believe.

Yes, the M-plate made me think long and hard too but I guess this must have been one of the very very last ones shipped over here, if not the last one indeed.