Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

My F11 requires new rubber. It has 19" run flats and I will need four.

Prices are all over the place - budget at just over £100 a corner up to £250 each for michelin.

What I did notice was the like of hankook and falken are almost priced as premium tyres when they used to be midrange - I have used falken in the past and their ziex tyres were good but their products don't seem to be widely available.

Another I have boughg were toyo - proxes were a good tyre but I think they no longer sell in the UK.

I think it will be a case of ringing the smaller independents to see what they can offer.

Posted

I bought Toyo Proxes last, for a Mazda 6, from Oponeo.  Was going to do the same this year but MOT passed without needing them but will likely fit new in the autumn.

I tried a general search on Oponeo and couldn't get to them without specific sizes or a registration number.

But a general search shows up plenty of suppliers including Asda and Black Circles.

My preference is for Sailun tyres but Oponeo no longer have them, only National Tyres who I would rather avoid.

Posted

Im on an all Hankook fleet wierdly. Good tires and well worth the money. I bombed off the runflats on my BM @Bren. Totally ruin what ride quality was there. I carry a couple of cans of foam and a compressor instead.

Posted
4 hours ago, myglaren said:

I bought Toyo Proxes last, for a Mazda 6, from Oponeo.  Was going to do the same this year but MOT passed without needing them but will likely fit new in the autumn.

I tried a general search on Oponeo and couldn't get to them without specific sizes or a registration number.

But a general search shows up plenty of suppliers including Asda and Black Circles.

My preference is for Sailun tyres but Oponeo no longer have them, only National Tyres who I would rather avoid.

National tyres has been taken over by Halfords which is probably for the better

  • Sad 1
Posted
14 minutes ago, camryv6 said:

National tyres has been taken over by Halfords which is probably for the better

Christ, they must have been dreadful before!

  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1
Posted
2 minutes ago, catsinthewelder said:

Christ, they must have been dreadful before!

Yep

Posted
1 hour ago, Matty said:

Im on an all Hankook fleet wierdly. Good tires and well worth the money. I bombed off the runflats on my BM @Bren. Totally ruin what ride quality was there. I carry a couple of cans of foam and a compressor instead.

Unfortunately insurance will not pay out in the event of a claim. The car was developed to run on such tyres and not using them constitutes a modification. I have checked.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...