Jump to content

What's your thing?


Recommended Posts

Posted

Going on Google street view, setting the date back to 2009 and finding the coolest shite I can find. Sad, I know 

  • Agree 1
Posted

The biggest proper estate cars you can get, not those stupid things with slopey backs and a weeny hole when you open the tailgate 👍

Posted

Obviously cars are and always have been my main interest, 60’s, 70’s and very early 80’s Ford’s in particular. Most specifically Cortina’s closely followed by mk1 and 2 Granada’s. I also have a lot of interest in Rover SD1’s, Citroen CX, BMC Farina’s etc.

Another big interest of mine is architecture, mainly mid century modernism and I like looking at for sale listings to find original unmodernised 60’s and early 70’s houses, also furniture from the same era.

Posted

We have a rouges gallery in our office of our guys caught on streetview.

Posted

Vehicles that have to earn a living, mainly diesel vans but I appreciate bigger commercials, agri stuff, taxis etc.

Also places and roads, love going to places I've not been to before and the roads that take you their. Or if I've not been somewhere for a few years then how the places have changed over time and see how roads and junctions get better/worse.

Chimneys, particularly the pot, I love a nice ornate chimney pot.

  • Like 3
Posted

Old diesels.

Anything on a local-to-where-I-grew-up West Sussex registration. 
50s and 60s junk still in daily use.

Steam rollers, lorries, tits.

  • Like 1
  • 1 year later...
Posted

Road tests & books with period road tests in. I find it fascinating reading what the motoring press thought of a car when it was new.

  • Like 3
Posted

What a question. Cars. Just not the utterly dreadful household appliance/mobile phone they have now become. Often the more obscure, basic and functional, the more I like them, but I'd give a 1959 Cadillac a home just as quickly as a 1957 Beetle or a 1977 Cortina. It's really hard to define, I just like what I like. Custom cars and hot rods, Eastern Bloc horrors, bubble cars, hearses...yeah

Posted

I have several Things as well as cars... In no particular order:

Cassettes

Chernobyl disaster 

Music - electronic, jazz, rock, pop etc etc

The British Motor industry 1960-2005

Mountain bikes 1982-1995

Isla Fisher

Posted

grogee thats two things in a week ive heard about you and confirmed perv :D

motorsykkel

geography

travelling

reading

music

old cars (not for a while tho :( )

Posted
On 28/07/2024 at 22:22, Dyslexic Viking said:

 @Peter C has a thing for old airport tugs. 

This sounds an awful lot like he likes wanking in airports whereas I've always tried to do mine at home when everyone else is out. 

My things are

- conspiracy theories

- finding spots where I'd sleep if I was homeless

- long motorway journeys

- palmistry and astrology to pick up women when I was 18

  • Haha 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...