Living with Zastava Florida Business - Suspension done

IronStar

Arrived at notary. Quite a few people getting the paperwork done before work here, so a bit* of a queue. 

Fiat Barchetta

[edit] I was going with a Ulysse as there'd be more room for LPG but a red interior suggests dodgy sports car trim

6 minutes ago, EyesWeldedShut said:

Fiat Barchetta

Too posh.

More hints - red, hatchback bodied, comedy factory wheel size, completely mismatched with car size, hinting at its production start date. Designed by Giugaro. 

Edit: Interior is gray. Very gray.

Just now, flat4alfa said:

Zastava Florida

WE HAVE A WINNER!

Edit: Next clue would be this and another shade of red are manufacturers signature colors.

1.3 carburetor, but somehow with aircon and factory remote central locking which is a really odd spec. It should be 1.3 EFI as it’s a Florida Business, but registration certificate confirms it’s factory carbureted not a bodge because someone couldn’t be arsed fixing the injection system.

It’s an odd one as well, having a more dull facelift dashboard, but in gray not blue as was the case with In models. 

Have an ad, my photos coming upon pickup.

https://www.polovniautomobili.com/auto-oglasi/24237542/zastava-florida-13-business?attp=p0_pv0_pc0_pl1_plv0

4 minutes ago, flat4alfa said:

GR9.

sold for a while in 1990s UK as Yugo Sana

So being a 2002, its top spec but pre Florida In?

1.3 EFI would be top spec. I don’t get why would someone spec everything else, but omit fuel injection, surely this was a really odd custom order? An old giffer that doesn’t like fuel injection and thinks carbs are great? Every other order box was ticked. Maybe an ex-demonstrator?

49 minutes ago, IronStar said:

WE HAVE A WINNER!

Edit: Next clue would be this and another shade of red are manufacturers signature colors.

Pie for the winner?

4 minutes ago, IronStar said:

This is what peak car motoring looks like!

That is absolutely first class, top notch, everything 

2 minutes ago, EyesWeldedShut said:

Pie for the winner?

That is absolutely first class, top notch, everything 

Next time I’m in the UK, absolutely!

Thank you! I hope it doesn’t end up being an absolute nightmare, as I’ve overpaid to begin with 😄

• IronStar changed the title to Collecting Zastava Florida Business- collection achieved!

Fun tidbit probably no one cares about 

Registration certificate lists it as Florida 1.3 CW BIZ A/C. Tells loads about a car when A/C makes it to the official state paperwork doesn’t it? 😆

5 minutes ago, egg said:

oh wow, does the air con blow cold?

Cold-ish. There's some gas in the system, but not ice cold as it should so probably a slow leak. I'm taking it for a regas and uv paint later today.

Other first impression features* include:

LPG filler cap hidden behind fuel door, broken tachometer, dead fuel pump, exhaust that needs to be adjusted, squeaky aux belt, a bit limp steering wheel, non-working power windows and scratches galore on the outside.

• Like 5

Just now, fatharris said:

What is the spares situation like there? Are these rare over there too?

Fairly decent. Most large motorfactors are no longer stocking them and are getting more expensive, but not unobtanium. 

3 hours ago, IronStar said:

Transport method #1

IMG_4124.jpeg.349b06d5663941c7ddc3e4bc15eedf11.jpeg

I really hope that transport method #2 will have an aircon. Weather report says it will be 34C today. 

ting ting :D

1 hour ago, IronStar said:

IMG_4133.jpeg

IMG_4132.jpeg

Much impressed! Well bought!

2 hours ago, IronStar said:

100% agreed. Indisputably weapons-grade shite right there. 

Very well bought!

Amazing work ! I presume it's powered by the old Lampredi SOHC, as first used in the 128 ?

Also love the fact that those (late) 127 column stalks remained in production well into the 2000s - perhaps it's time for a "longest used dashboard parts" thread ?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sigmund Fraud said:

Amazing work ! I presume it's powered by the old Lampredi SOHC, as first used in the 128 ?

Also love the fact that those (late) 127 column stalks remained in production well into the 2000s - perhaps it's time for an "longest used dashboard parts" thread ?

Yes, Twin barrel carbed 1.3 Lampredi SOHC. It should be Webber 32/32 if it wasn't fettled with.

It was pointed out to me those are off Panda, I had no clue! 101 (Skala, 311/511, 128, and all the other names it had) beats it though. It used old-style 127/128 stalks all the way until the end of production in 2008. 

23 minutes ago, mk2_craig said:

100% agreed. Indisputably weapons-grade shite right there. 

Very well bought!

I will be very very very sad if it blows up. I overpaid because of the A/C, but at this end of the market and price.....

EDIT: If someone is wondering why on earth are you on AS and not getting us more photos/driving the thing - I'm stuck in a very busy day at work, but I keep refreshing here and grinning at the fact that there are like-minded people that like/understand the purchase. Looking at a car parked in front of where I'm sitting as well. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Is that not a window winder on the passenger door?

IMG_4132.jpeg

Zastava’s power windows are unlike anything I’ve ever seen. You keep the manual mechanism, but get an electric motor with a thing that slides over the winding knob.

IMG_4137.jpeg.d06765f864e0868f81e245573a9029b7.jpeg

IMG_4136.webp.066da43e8c1b3f699ade0dcd0251199b.webp

You can see how it goes together from these two photos.

As I can’t hear driver’s side motor working, and windows can’t be rolled down is an MOT fail here, I presume someone didn’t want to bother with figuring out what’s wrong, disconnected the power winders and stuck on a hand crank.

• Like 5