Yellow…..

Rocket88

This cropped up on , as Brewer so eruditly used to say, “ a well known auction site”. I put in a stupidly low bid , and 😱😱😱😱😱won the bloody thing. 
It’s in that there Alloa, collecting Wednesday 

IMG_0284.png

2 minutes ago, grogee said:

This ticks a lot of AS boxes, well bought. 

What's, erm, it for

A good question…. I rarely buy stuff “ for” anything 😁😁😁

1 hour ago, Rocket88 said:

A good question…. I rarely buy stuff “ for” anything 😁😁😁

Forget I asked. 

As you were. 

Well it's definitely yellow, there's no arguing about that!

1 hour ago, grogee said:

This ticks a lot of AS boxes, well bought. 

What's, erm, it for

fun ? 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

This is ace. I’ve seen this too and it’s not far from here. Is it the one where the back seats pop out into the truck bed? 

26 minutes ago, seacow said:

This is ace. I’ve seen this too and it’s not far from here. Is it the one where the back seats pop out into the truck bed? 

It is…. Also got a truck man top.it’s had the original ( and rather anaemic) lump replaced with a 1.9 remapped tdi , with 6 speed manual, along with front and rear brake upgrades 

IMG_0286.png

IMG_0287.png

IMG_0288.png

IMG_0289.png

5 hours ago, eddyramrod said:

Well it's definitely yellow, there's no arguing about that!

The fact it's multiple shades of yellow if anything only enhances the yellowness.

16 minutes ago, GeordieInExile said:

The fact it's multiple shades of yellow if anything only enhances the yellowness.

They were like that when they came out of the factory! I remember them in the local Skoda showroom when new, and they weren’t a uniform colour!

1 hour ago, Rocket88 said:

They were like that when they came out of the factory! I remember them in the local Skoda showroom when new, and they weren’t a uniform colour!

Looks like good fun. What's not to like?

5 hours ago, Rocket88 said:

upgrades 

IMG_0286.png

IMG_0287.png

IMG_0288.png

those seats are a brilliant / lunatic bit of design - yes, you can take passengers but only if it’s a nice day :) (or you don’t like them )

40 minutes ago, GeordieInExile said:

Are these actually any cop at being pick up trucks?

Probably not!😁

Oooh!! That is very nice. How yellow is your steering wheel? I see yours is the later interior with half yellow leather which included the steering wheel and gear knob. Earlier cars just had the frog in a crown moquette everywhere including the door trims. But then I assume they suddenly thought this isn't yellow enough, how can we add more yellow. I think only Škoda could have even contemplated selling a car like this and even they wouldn't these days. I'd like to see more interior shots please. 

I think they look even better with the Truckman top and I personally think that's a good price. I don't think I'd like to pay it myself but I know what they go for now and that looks good especially if the conversion is done well. For some reason even the normal pick ups go for much more than the cars. Actually I know what that reason is, is VW scene tax innit because the mk2 Caddy was just a rebadged Felicia. 

Talking of which I don't recognise the wheels, are they four or five stud? If they've changed the gearbox too then it would probably have been quite easy to swap the driveshafts and hubs at the same time. Again, I'd love to see more detailed pics. When you're ready of course. 

As some of you know I have a Favorit with a Polo GTI 1.6 16v engine. It is supposedly 125bhp which is almost exactly double the standard car. It also has rear discs from a golf and bigger front vented discs from those renowned high performance supercars, the Kia Rio! It has uprated springs which keep it flat but it is really too stiff for my liking. The Felicia gained anti roll bars to keep it flat without being too stiff. And the pick ups have thicker front ARBs, 22mm instead of 19mm iirc. 

So my car is lively if not earth shattering by modern standards, but plenty enough for me. I also have power steering from a Felicia which makes it far more chuckable. The standard steering is easily light enough on the move but the power steering is much higher geared which is what really helps the chuckability. 

I my opinion the chassis is well able to handle the extra power in mine but 190bhp is a whole other level, I'd love to know what you think of yours. 

Brilliant purchase, can't wait to see more. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, gm said:

those seats are a brilliant / lunatic bit of design - yes, you can take passengers but only if it’s a nice day :) (or you don’t like them )

Or if they have no legs! Do those seats slide backwards? 

Posted (edited)

I love this! I remember way back in the late 90's going to Bug Jam and there being a Skoda stand with a display of these as I think they had just been taken over by VAG and were trying to revamp their image a bit. Caused a bit of a stir in a good way. 

Love this marketing pic, just look how much Fun these guys are having. 

image.jpeg.8823791c305c753b8e98a14c71446690.jpeg

Edited by djim
spelung

3 minutes ago, hairnet said:

Better than a fucked p100 :D

I think a wheelbarrow might possibly be preferable to one of those…..

2 hours ago, Yoss said:

Oooh!! That is very nice. How yellow is your steering wheel? I see yours is the later interior with half yellow leather which included the steering wheel and gear knob. Earlier cars just had the frog in a crown moquette everywhere including the door trims. But then I assume they suddenly thought this isn't yellow enough, how can we add more yellow. I think only Škoda could have even contemplated selling a car like this and even they wouldn't these days. I'd like to see more interior shots please. 

I think they look even better with the Truckman top and I personally think that's a good price. I don't think I'd like to pay it myself but I know what they go for now and that looks good especially if the conversion is done well. For some reason even the normal pick ups go for much more than the cars. Actually I know what that reason is, is VW scene tax innit because the mk2 Caddy was just a rebadged Felicia. 

Talking of which I don't recognise the wheels, are they four or five stud? If they've changed the gearbox too then it would probably have been quite easy to swap the driveshafts and hubs at the same time. Again, I'd love to see more detailed pics. When you're ready of course. 

As some of you know I have a Favorit with a Polo GTI 1.6 16v engine. It is supposedly 125bhp which is almost exactly double the standard car. It also has rear discs from a golf and bigger front vented discs from those renowned high performance supercars, the Kia Rio! It has uprated springs which keep it flat but it is really too stiff for my liking. The Felicia gained anti roll bars to keep it flat without being too stiff. And the pick ups have thicker front ARBs, 22mm instead of 19mm iirc. 

So my car is lively if not earth shattering by modern standards, but plenty enough for me. I also have power steering from a Felicia which makes it far more chuckable. The standard steering is easily light enough on the move but the power steering is much higher geared which is what really helps the chuckability. 

I my opinion the chassis is well able to handle the extra power in mine but 190bhp is a whole other level, I'd love to know what you think of yours. 

Brilliant purchase, can't wait to see more. 

Collecting Wednesday…..Alloa back to Scunthorpe…. At least it’s downhill…😁

IMG_0292.png

54 minutes ago, Rocket88 said:

Collecting Wednesday…..Alloa back to Scunthorpe…. At least it’s downhill…😁

IMG_0292.png

Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to break the four hour barrier. I'll give you 5p for every minute under four hours.,