collection mission to SPAIN!!!! COMPLETED IT M8

Mr_Bo11ox

I'm gonna order a pair of new tyres in UK to fit when I get home I think. Also 145x13s on steels are probably DIY'able eh, same size as a BMX bike and some wheelbarrows I think

6 minutes ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

Check out where the door seller lives:

20240510_144613.jpg.542fa407099409e77caefb2ad1e0be39.jpg

20240510_140912.jpg.d9973f24beda969dcd25397231b87aae.jpg

Unbelievably beautiful. Hot mind you - said 38c on a roadside thermometer I passed.

20240510_142030.jpg.8fe480930fb366d6cf96c56b37604ac9.jpg

Lovely. Checked the oil while I was there - none burned or spilled. Onwards!!!

The more I see photos like this the more I think I'm probably going to move to France when I retire.  I bet I could actually afford a house there too!

3 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

The more I see photos like this the more I think I'm probably going to move to France when I retire.  I bet I could actually afford a house there too!

I would too (the North for me, too hot down South), but Mrs E ain't going to be down for it.

Probably in rural places like this you'd stand the best chance. Sitting there in the shade with a beer seems very tempting.

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, egg said:

I would too (the North for me, too hot down South), but Mrs E ain't going to be down for it.

It’d have to be down south for me. If I’m moving abroad it’ll be primarily to say good riddance and fuck off to anything resembling a British winter for the rest of my existence! I’d happily live in a desert after living here!😆

So that door seller was in the Dordogne yeah? Making sound progress KM's wise (on topic!)

Now I'm headed for Limoges where I'm gonna sack off the motorway and 'zip' across to Poitiers. Then its more backroads to Paulmy where im chillin like a villain for 36 hours

Just had a look on Street View, Paulmy looks lovely!  I particularly like the traffic-light-controlled pedestrian crossing at the entrance to the village on a road which probably sees 6 cars an hour...

Why not check out Mutha Bo11ox's gaff, opposite the sports field and next door to a guy who does roofing I think

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, egg said:

Nice, so Google says about another 250 'clicks' today.

Hmm, still quite a lot then!!!! 😬

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

Why not check out Mutha Bo11ox's gaff, opposite the sports field and next door to a guy who does roofing I think

Chuffing brilliant. My in-laws had some folks living in south-western France, not far from Caylus. Loved going to visit them, and swimming in the Averyon river. Part of me wants to sod off to France or Germany, but we best not mention why it’s not a suitable option anymore.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

This one?

image.png.984c09876ddc878df7f02993cb6b7a5f.png

16 minutes ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

Mutha Bo11ox's gaff

Check out this guy sorting out his Italian stallion last year, just along the road.

Screenshot_20240510-151332.png

Who needs more than a wine box and a plank to work in the street eh?

Just now, loserone said:

Check out this guy sorting out his Italian stallion last year, just along the road.

Screenshot_20240510-151332.png

Ha is that "hammer blur" ?

1 minute ago, wuvvum said:

That's a Microcar, although it probably does have an Italian Lombardini engine.

Oh shit aye so it is!

Screenshot_20240510-151928.png

RIGHT I'm showered and up & about. Time for a quick tostada con tomate & some coffee then I'm going to Carrefour to buy a big tin of Spanish olive oil (yes I know, liberal elite remoaner class etc) then it'll be time to hit the road 

I think mineral or semi would be more appropriate.

Gzongenflatch.
In memory of Phil.

French law allows you 2 months to get major defects fixed during which you can still drive, one thread I found states they give you a new ticket/card whatever to display with that 2 month expiry on it
For a critical defect it's midnight the same day. 
Either way le_sac is all good to drive this home as per French law.
image.png.509affb6a6fd76d074efc6d0dbd01ede.png

The really mad thing is you can keep failing and keep getting another 2 months. Pal did this when his new Dacia was delayed and his old pug wouldn’t pass the emissions test. It’s expensive to test but cheaper than a hire car.

Gzongenflatch.
In memory of Phil.

God, imagine the state of the heaps you would see in this country if you could just do that instead of fixing them.

2 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Interestingly*, Impasse du Lavoir translates as Laundry Loke, which is just up the road from me.

North Walsham?

3 hours ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

Now I'm headed for Limoges where I'm gonna sack off the motorway and 'zip' across to Poitiers. Then its more backroads to Paulmy where im chillin like a villain for 36 hours

Great progress - you're then about 300 direct miles from Calais in a straight line.

Depending on how you are doing it - that's the A10 and A28 Autoroutes. Traffic can get a bit snarled up rounding Rouen in the rush hour but it's usually pretty free-flowing all the way.

Rain setting in for Tuesday and Wednesday.

Screenshot_2024-05-10-19-07-07-557_fr.meteo.jpg.3f862b22991e616b751786eae24099ca.jpg

👍👍👍👍👍👍🥂