SAFRANE owners thread. Now with added Jazz content.

andyberg

Well then. This is a little unexpected caper. I had no intention of getting another car but out of the blue I have been offered something that I really cannot turn down. Collection starts Wednesday morning. I think the car will be appreciated on this forum. There are not many about anymore and this particular one has had some limited time on a famous viewing platform, some rubbish videos have been made about it ( that's a clue by the way) and I had one many moons ago, before the internet was a thing.  More clues?

It's not a British car. It was supposed to be a competitor to the 5 series and Audi's back in the day, that day being mid/ late 90s. 

PC: currently 0

Breakfast pics to follow in the morning.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Agila said:

Hope it's one of these sexy bastards.

Chod speed anyway.

mazxed9_750_500_70.jpg

Good shout, but no. I have had a Xedos 6 and it was bloody lovely. It's still floating around this forum. Wrong continent of manufacture for this collection 

Lexus GS300 possibly? Certainly wouldn't be a bad pick. As an Alfa 166 owner I'm hoping for you it's not one of those.

7 minutes ago, Schaefft said:

Lexus GS300 possibly? Certainly wouldn't be a bad pick. As an Alfa 166 owner I'm hoping for you it's not one of those.

First one, wrong continent. Second guess is wrong car, but bloody lovely cars. Had one a couple of years ago, so comfy but Alfa worry was too much. Correct continent though.

Mid-late 90s European 5-Series/A6 competitor limits the choice massively. If it's not British nor a Volvo/Saab/Alfa it can only be an XM, Safrane, 605, Omega B or E-Class. Unless it's a freaking Quattroporte IV!

• Like 2

And we have 2 winners! Congrats to @SEATMad for being first.

This is the baby. It's an executive auto, pampered by the original owner and the current owner. Really looking forward to getting her. Various forms of transport will be involved including a fellow shiter starting proceedings.

Collection starts at 8.40am tomorrow.

Screenshot_2024-02-25-10-48-24-330_com.google.android.youtube~2.jpg

35 minutes ago, andyberg said:

This is the baby. It's an executive auto, pampered by the original owner and the current owner. Really looking forward to getting her. Various forms of transport will be involved including a fellow shiter starting proceedings.

Coorrr very nice! 

37 minutes ago, andyberg said:

Niiice, black is not a common color for them either. This should be Safrane #3 on the forum at the moment.

• andyberg changed the title to Kolectshun (almost) LIVE

Good morning parish.

PC=0

Breakfast. Hong Kong style milk tea. Very strong tea with evaporated milk rather than 'normal' milk 😋 you need to try it, really you do. And a toasted bagel with cheese, salami and fried egg. Good preparation food for the journey ahead . 

Note the autoshite style mug

IMG_20240313_080202.jpg

11 hours ago, andyberg said:

Nice! Is that the ex-Petrolblog one?  I know he had a black Safrane at one point.

• andyberg changed the title to Kolectshun LIVE
9 minutes ago, hairnet said:

More bagels!!!

I need to keep my toned physique for the onward journey😂

😡😡😱😱third transport has been cancelled. Queue angry shiter trying to find alternative to continue the collection 

Got to love UK trains. It's not cancelled. It just terminated at temple meads then re started from temple meads as a different journey🙄🙄

IMG_20240313_094333.jpg

IMG_20240313_094342.jpg

Super comfy* modern(ISH) train seats. What ever happened to the good old carriage with a bit of legroom☹️ 

It's been a while since I travelled a longish journey on a train.

IMG_20240313_100453.jpg

2 hours ago, andyberg said:

Hong Kong style milk tea. Very strong tea with evaporated milk rather than 'normal' milk 😋 you need to try it, really you do.

No, I really don't! 😆

Chod speed

• Haha 2