Shiny new/ old incoming - delivery.

MrsJuular

12 hours ago, juular said:

I notice this thread is severely lacking in poo count.

Well, there was definitely two when I found out that the front tyres on the Ami were at 15psi and 58psi.

"Oh shit that's a bit soft, and the tyre is a bit warm."

"Oh shit that's about to explode!"

Other than very nearly running out of fuel on the last stint (and being very glad I was carrying an additional 50L of veg) it was a fairly uneventful tow.  But possibly the longest A-frame I've done in one go.  340 miles in about 8hrs.  60mph limit (rigidly adhered to) and three stops.

Also got a very odd look from an AA van bloke at one of the stops who was using a front-axle-lift tow on a car.  It was a "how in the whart now?" sort of look.

35 minutes ago, Talbot said:

the front tyres on the Ami were at 15psi and 58psi.

Needs a balance pipe.

And I want another Ami! Enjoy yours, they are as much fun as they look.

11 hours ago, juular said:

@Talbotis a hero and has earned his munchy box.

PXL_20240112_2337172072.thumb.jpg.be17742770a16f897e4c3bd1ee25e75e.jpg

I imagine upon seeing that contraption go past, some other punter probably started wondering if the mushrooms they ordered with their own munchy box might of been magic...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Marina door handles said:

I have narrowed this down to maybe a Mazda Bongo Frendee, an Umm Altar or possibly a Lynx Eventer?  

Close*...

2 hours ago, Talbot said:

Well, there was definitely two when I found out that the front tyres on the Ami were at 15psi and 58psi.

Other than very nearly running out of fuel on the last stint (and being very glad I was carrying an additional 50L of veg) it was a fairly uneventful tow.  But possibly the longest A-frame I've done in one go.  340 miles in about 8hrs.  60mph limit (rigidly adhered to) and three stops.

Also got a very odd look from an AA van bloke at one of the stops who was using a front-axle-lift tow on a car.  It was a "how in the whart now?" sort of look.

Longest A frame job I did was from Egremont to Brierley hill in a series 3 2 1/4 diesel , SWB land rover with a 1989 landrover 90 on the back...196 miles at 40mph  ears were ringing for 3 days!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, hairnet said:

how daft was mpg with that on the back

or do you not care on veg

Was pretty normal mpg tbh.  Speed restricted to 60mph and the ami being small (minimal wind resistance) and light (700kg maybe?) Meant I was getting an easy 35mpg.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, chaseracer said:

"FFS... another piece o' rusty shite??!"

😁

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. meep.

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-13 at 16.08.12.jpeg

2 hours ago, High Jetter said:

Epic, and slightly nuts. (This thread, not the incredible purchase!)

I feel ever so slightly*... responsible... for all of this... #sorrynotsorry 😁

5 hours ago, chaseracer said:

I feel ever so slightly*... responsible... for all of this... #sorrynotsorry 😁

You are responsible and I am thankful. It is a beautiful car. Lots of spares. Also Laurence kindly gifted me a rear windscreen and 1 racing wheel nut. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, MrsJuular said:

@Talbot done another collection for me while he was here. I won't do another thread. Isn't it lovely. Towed like a dream. 

awaits restoration thread 

On 13/01/2024 at 10:05, Talbot said:

Other than very nearly running out of fuel on the last stint (and being very glad I was carrying an additional 50L of veg) it was a fairly uneventful tow.  But possibly the longest A-frame I've done in one go.  340 miles in about 8hrs. 

You, sir, are a legend!