49 members have voted

1. 1. Rebel - What colour ?

• Red
    • White
    • Blue
    • Other (Please state)
    • Don't care

This poll is closed to new votes

Wow i nearly forgot about this thread :oops:It is good to be back ! Anyway back to business...I highly doubt the Rebel will be done this year, to be perfectly honest :D But i love your enthusiasm :lol: Don't be envious of the laycock clutch, i need to try and find new linings for the clutch. So alot more money is going to be threw into it. I have a 850 cc engine, that i would love to throw into it. For the same reasons as yourself.But i think keeping it original is best. . . and it saves me having to find a new gearbox and so on.I have found a scary letter amongst the pile, given to me by the previous owner x2 (If that makes sence) It basically hints that the Diff, Gearbox and engine are well and truly 'Foobared' .But for some reason i don't think the diff has a problem (Fingers crossed)I have started to replace the bottom end gaskets, starting with the oil pick up and so on.I have found a little lip at the top of cylinder 1, which hopefully won't turn into new liners :( Still waiting to hear back from all 3 companies (Yes i have had tonnes more interviews) ... and have another tomorrow.Fingers crossed, i get a bleeming apprenticeship, learn and earn.Then my road trip to France in the Rebel, may actually go ahead next year.Anyway sorry for the Essay.Good to be back on Autoshite 8) And thanks PatrickMcRebel for the nice comment

Autoshite-ers i need your help (Please)I need 3 or 4 of you beautiful people, to help me lift the Rebel body off it's chassis.No time soon, just when afew of you are not busy. If you can help, Please say :D I will provide:Tea Coffee Biscuitsand i am sure i could cater a request or two :lol: Thank you

Thanks Pete, appreciate it. (Your number is now saved, so you may want to delete it from your post)As of yet i don't exactly know.But i will txt the kind people who are willing to help, when i am free.Then hopefully we can all work something out from there.Hopefully that is okay ? :D Thanks again

Autoshite-ers i need your help (Please)I need 3 or 4 of you beautiful people, to help me lift the Rebel body off it's chassis.No time soon, just when afew of you are not busy. If you can help, Please say :D I will provide:Tea Coffee Biscuitsand i am sure i could cater a request or two :lol: Thank you

Give us a bit of warning and I can probably pitch in as well :D

I love it when a plan comes together :) Thanks Jon !And thanks again Pete and Warren.It looks like it may be next weekend sometime Hopefully that is okay ?

Next weekend I'll quite probably be 1000 miles away (if you mean the Bank 'oliday weekend)

Ooh poo yeah ! :oops: Can we aim for the 5th ?Sorry if i am asking for too much :( I would just end up crippling myself trying to lift it alone.Thanks for your patience guys

If you can do it on a Saturday morning Mark I'm happy to help.

With the sun out i began work on the Rebel (Kind of)

Black Grille - To keep or To Go ?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I am also 50/50 on weather i will keep this idea ..

Posted Image

With a sneek peak at the final coours

Posted Image

Now imagine the whole car that Green

Posted Image

(That sunvisor is seriously cool 8) - Thanks Cavette !)

Mirror anyone ?

Posted Image

Maybe two ?

Posted Image

I don't want to go over-board with the black, but maybe the door frames too?

Posted Image

Yes you guesses it, i am going Black and Green :lol:

That is not all i did today !

I flushed the Mk1 Radiator and popped in some Coolant (So not 100% water !)

I also removed the last Mk3 wheel .... from the Mk3, so that is nearly ready for binning.

There was something else, but at the moment it escaped my mind.

Comments and everything welcome

Thanks for looking !

The black grille/frames are a definite yes.

If you're going green then a vivid lime green has to be the one.

Fiat did 127's and 131's in that combination in the early '80s and they looked the business.

I can't google a pic of the green one at the mo but try the orange one !!

Posted Image

Thanks Ian :D The green is called "Grass Green" and it does seem to stand out.Just need to crack on today both removing bits of old paint , and keying every surface.-I hate prep work- :lol:

It's nice 8) Any news on thet front wheel arch ? (I need to buy a flapper disc before i do that actually)

A guy in the owners club has a couple of new Celica arch repair panels so I'm just sizing them up.

The green could be interesting Mark, personally I'd go for something like Kawasaki lime green if you can find it. There was an old VW colour (cliff green or rock green, or something like that) thatw as similar.As it stands I don't think the black grille suits it mate. It looks too modern looking against the white imho.Would it be worth painting one door top the proposed colour of choice then doing the frame black and seeing what it looks like?Another option (soz if you've already thought of it) would be to photoshop some different colours and see what they look like.I haven't got photoshop myself sorry but if anyone you know has it's an easy and free way of seeing what different colours will look like on your car.How many litres will it take to do do you reckon?

i have photoshop, but i don't have the skills to use it :lol: Oooww Kawazaki green, nice colour.Yeah my "test piece" is the passenger door, so if i don't like the black door frame and green bottom skin, i can just sand off the one i don't like. :D As for the black grille , i'm gonna keep it black untill the whole car is painted.I kind of like it, but if it doesn't suit the car - it has to go :) Only time will tell !!Thanks for the advice & nice words Cav'

• 2 weeks later...

Right regarding the Rebel body removal.

i am still aiming for the 5th (Even though at the moment i am having trouble with afew bolts)

But i might cut them out .. if i can ... as i want to use new bolts anyway.

So my nice helpers - Are you free the 5th ?

(pictures to come very soon.. well after wheeler dealers :lol: )

Right! with body removal looming, i have cracked on hugely with body prep' work

and removing tonnes of rusty bolts.

Bolts that i cannot undo (As no socket or spanner will fit in)

Posted Image

More pictures...

Posted Image

When Graham owned the car, he had a CB radio installed and fried the wiring ..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Bubbling :( ...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Prep' work pictures ...

Posted Image

No more holes ..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Still abit more to do (As you can see)

But i shall keep going !

If i can get all the bolts off tomorrow, then i will send afew people a txt, to see if you / they are free.

Thanks guys =)

Ooh and a picture of that letter i found in the Rebel ..

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt93/minimad5/Autoshite%201/P1170122.jpg

But I have to ask, does your neighbour have some old BL tat?

No Tayne, sorry i dnt quite get why you think that :lol:

Am i Blind ? :(

write back say you lost the form

looking good bruv

Haha, just forget the problems and they will go away ? 8)

Thanks for the kind words, spent MANY hours, still more to go.