I bought a big.

puddlethumper

Really enjoying reading this! Couple of observations...

DAF fuel gauges - they all do that. I had an XF years ago with an 'eco' LPG kit fitted, which made it 120L of gas, 85L of diesel. Notwithstanding that the LPG was a nightmare to fill (and I had a couple of lovely gas burns up my right arm) if the gas gauge went red, the diesel gauge went orange pretty soon after. Although I also had a CF that the needle just swung about at random. A dipper of thick steel wire did a better job! Fuel gauges aren't one of DAF's strengths apparently.

Stand pipes - I used to move water into festival sites, about 20,000L a go. We used to get the metered pipes off local councils, but the old fireman's stand pipe did the bulk of the work. In a quarter of the time. Was that what Scottish Water's man's problem was? I know we kept an eye out for council clipboard warriors in the hedges, cos the fireman's pipe wasn't exactly legit for our purposes.

6 minutes ago, CreepingJesus said:

Really enjoying reading this! Couple of observations...

DAF fuel gauges - they all do that. I had an XF years ago with an 'eco' LPG kit fitted, which made it 120L of gas, 85L of diesel. Notwithstanding that the LPG was a nightmare to fill (and I had a couple of lovely gas burns up my right arm) if the gas gauge went red, the diesel gauge went orange pretty soon after. Although I also had a CF that the needle just swung about at random. A dipper of thick steel wire did a better job! Fuel gauges aren't one of DAF's strengths apparently.

Stand pipes - I used to move water into festival sites, about 20,000L a go. We used to get the metered pipes off local councils, but the old fireman's stand pipe did the bulk of the work. In a quarter of the time. Was that what Scottish Water's man's problem was? I know we kept an eye out for council clipboard warriors in the hedges, cos the fireman's pipe wasn't exactly legit for our purposes.

I'm not sure whether Water man thought it was theirs or took it for, very, safe keeping. Didn't ask. He was back with it within a few minutes. Just glad to get it back.

38 minutes ago, garbaldy said:

Thank you @Split_Pin for putting me onto this thread 😉

@puddlethumper Is this the circus that's coming to Kelso soon ?  Excellent thread keep up the good work

👍

We are off to Stirling later today and tomorrow till 3rd July. Then it's Howden Park, Livingston till 7th July followed by Low Green, Ayr till 12th July. Then Noocassle. Circus Extreme is in Dundee at the moment and where they are going next I have no Idea so it could be them going to Kelso. 

Shows how little I know, as we have shows on today. As I said, if anyone wants to have a look let me know. 

2 hours ago, puddlethumper said:

where they are going next I have no Idea so it could be them going to Kelso. 

The date for Kelso are 16th July for 3 days and just looked and its £7 quid a ticket so need to sell a hell of a tickets to make the 60k per week.

2 hours ago, garbaldy said:

The date for Kelso are 16th July for 3 days and just looked and its £7 quid a ticket so need to sell a hell of a tickets to make the 60k per week.

Those were my thoughts. How many caravans is old Ivor flogging to keep afloat?!