Swift... eh? Nah!

tooSavvy

I have the curse of LakkaPeel across my roof.... Don't think it has been flashed/tarted previously 😮.

When weather warms I'm looking to 'roller/rustoleum' just the roof 🤔.....

As it's turkoisse ... What does the hive mind reckon.

Same (a blue)

Black

Coffee Cream

..... Or a 'spendy' wrap

Opinions >> @theHive

🚙💨

23 hours ago, tooSavvy said:

I have the curse of LakkaPeel across my roof.... Don't think it has been flashed/tarted previously 😮.

When weather warms I'm looking to 'roller/rustoleum' just the roof 🤔.....

As it's turkoisse ... What does the hive mind reckon.

Same (a blue)

Black

Coffee Cream

..... Or a 'spendy' wrap

Opinions >> @theHive

🚙💨

Reckon you may have to go contrasting to avoid a poor colour match. When I had the rampant peel on the roof of my red mk3 golf I just peeled it off and then polished and waxed the roof. Lasted well enough one year to the next!

17 minutes ago, Matty said:

Reckon you may have to go contrasting to avoid a poor colour match. When I had the rampant peel on the roof of my red mk3 golf I just peeled it off and then polished and waxed the roof. Lasted well enough one year to the next!

Ahh.... Speaking of VW 🤐

I could 'rub through' everywhere, encourage the brown plague.... Then seal 😎

'just so scene......' 🤦

Now I have resolved the 'Up n Doon' tickover..

I'm planning to substitute the tickover 'raising arm', on the ISC, with an activating rod. The car starts fine, runs OK.. but I need a crack of throttle to get it to fire when stone cold.

The choke knob will pull the rod out & fix me around 1600rpm for the few minutes until starting to warm up..  Being an Auto, you just need the brake pedal to arrest any creepage 😎

🚙💨

20230329_tbistop.jpg

IMG_20230415_121513.jpg

IMG_20230418_133501.jpg

IMG_20230418_142837.jpg

2 hours ago, tooSavvy said:

Now I have resolved the 'Up n Doon' tickover..

I'm planning to substitute the tickover 'raising arm', on the ISC, with an activating rod. The car starts fine, runs OK.. but I need a crack of throttle to get it to fire when stone cold.

The choke knob will pull the rod out & fix me around 1600rpm for the few minutes until starting to warm up..  Being an Auto, you just need the brake pedal to arrest any creepage 😎

🚙💨

20230329_tbistop.jpg

IMG_20230415_121513.jpg

IMG_20230418_133501.jpg

IMG_20230418_142837.jpg

Clever idea that

• 2 weeks later...

.... Yes, we know >> you can NEVER have too many tools 🤣🤣

However, my SuziQ seems to be comprised of a few more 14mm bolt/nut than I'm used to....

When doing my engine mount (not dogbone) I needed to loosen two 14mm nuts - on through bolts = no good with stubby socket!

I bodged through with a 14mm ring + another ring for leverage.... But a good t-bar swing would have been much betterer 😕

This is whingging it's way Wallsendward....

IMG_20230504_111351.jpg

.... I searched Ebay, originally on 'preowned 14mm deep socket' and shedloads of Snapon and such appear at around £10 🙄. El cheappo Asian sets kind of 8 - 19 deep are around £11... But I'm happy with just the one...

IMG_20230504_112532.jpg

Aye, well....... Nothing interesting on the Box 🙄

Away through Hexham, over to Alston, drop back to Brampton, Military rd, back to Gosforth MacciD 🍦.... Tynemouth along the Coast.... 

*A flotilla of MK1 GTi LHD (fresh off the ferry @Wallsend) on a EuroTour, passed us at Twice Brewed.

🚙💨

I have a broad, persistent bruise across my lower back..... I believe it's caused by my grinding on the steel seat perimeter @SuziQ 😕

I have [basically....] pounded the seat squab foam flatter than a pitta = lardy fu##!

Option 1: scrounge a comfy car seat from scrapper/eBay... £££

Option 2: buy a 'comfy seat' off eBay ££

🍾🥂👌

IMG_20230517_221545.jpg

..... Gr9 🥳

🚙💨

11 hours ago, tooSavvy said:

I have a broad, persistent bruise across my lower back..... I believe it's caused by my grinding on the steel seat perimeter @SuziQ 😕

I have [basically....] pounded the seat squab foam flatter than a pitta = lardy fu##!

I done the same thing with the Slowda. Ended up replacing the seats for the comfy ones from the Sport, but they're wearing through elsewhere on the base as the foam is deteriorating.

If I'm feeling brave enough I may have a go at rebuilding the foam cushion... 😬

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...