Swift... eh? Nah!

tooSavvy

Hmm..... NOT unrelenting gloom 🤔

My 'local' garage [round the corner] is booked out for two weeks (... yes, popular!) he has, of course, an overflow M8 [perhaps at a %..] who can do it Wed 👍 = £80 Inc Bearing. He is 50yds along the road and no more a brisk trot from my house.

Opens up @7AM... I will empty the car of all valuables... 🤐

🚙💨

Incidentally, as I was lying on my back >> but not where I am for oil changes >> I spotted the drain plug in the Auto box bottom tray.

Not all autos have this and it makes the 'drain/refill three times' *slosh out/rinse much simpler.... 

*Though, with oil cooler tranny rubber pipes it's even easier to chop and drain whilst in tickover ✔️

🚙💨

Likely I will do an oil change when doing this Dogbone....

OIL 😵 .... Is there a war on? What happened to £14.95 poondworld specials 10W40 5L 😕

I have scored 5L web delivered @£17.50 + Oil filter £4.75....

Cars cost So Much 2dayz 😮

🚙💨

• 2 weeks later...

So then..... We have vv..ii..bb..rrr..ation 🙄 🤣🤣

Launch is super wizzo and clean 'riflebolt' up-changes👌😋

..... Now I have a 'spare dogbone' we can assess Mkll design. Same, but a SMIDGE more compliance 🍅.... 🤔

IMG_20230315_182051.jpg

*I could drill holes in the new one, to experiment.... But prefer taking it out/swap just the once 🤦.... 🤬

Ver 2 of my 'dog bone' gel filled.

I have placed a slice of hi density 'cabinet doorseal' foam onto the centre knuckle... We will see if a 'smidge of give' will remove the harsh vibration when stopped/ingear.

The piccy shows where it is [entombed in the gel].....

🚙💨

IMG_20230318_173910.jpg

IMG_20230318_174115.jpg

IMG_20230318_174425.jpg

What A Day 😮... 10 till 3:30

Swapped Ver.2 Dogbone.... 😍✔️

Vibration is now marginal & unobtrusive 🥰

The fitting of the new (untouched) Rear bushing.... Nightmare 🤬.

The new bush is fresh and so the bolt hole is higher than old/saggy one.... I have had to jack up the engine to get the extra 'up height', I ground a cone onto the bolt threaded end (to help exiting on blind side) + jiggled a thick Phillips in the blind side to help align the hole... Of course bolts for the bushing steel shell are in eng comp/underfloor >> having to drive up/down ramps to loosen [..again] for a bit more wriggle 🙄.

Doing this single handed/up and down my ramps... Nightmare!! 🤬

All Done Now..... YeeHaa 🍾🥂🥳

Tightened up the motor/ power up-changes... So effed off, I didn't take any piccies 🤦

🚙💨

I have 'intervened', in the extremely irritating Up&Down tickover...

I have cut one of the servomotor wires = no ECU ability to decide what idle speed we have 💣😎

I have to jiggle the throttle now, when starting cold as I have no 'auto choke' opening.

We will see what strategy I fall back on... 🤔

IMG_20230411_132856.jpg

..... Just the job = a few mm push up on throttle arm 🥳

IMG_20230327_140619.jpg

IMG_20230411_103919.jpg

Chri$t On A Bike..... 🙄

The 'GeoMetro intelligencia' , upon hearing I had cut a wire = the Black Spot 😱

Forum chatter is a great source of info/knowledge/how to tips 👍

But, c'mon 😮, this is MY car.... Should I be marooned in Upper Weardale cos I 'nipped & tucked' a servo driver wire.... Like the fuc##in Moonies.... 🙉🙈🙊

🤣🤣

Now, there's a funny thing 🤔

'prior to' the wire snipping, and my tickover resolutely refusing to go below 1300 & the incessant 'broom.. up to 2100.. dumdumdumm..back to 1300.. broom.. up to 2100.. dumdumdumm >>> and on and on and on 🤦🙄. Driving me fuc##in madd 🤬

.... now it is quiet as a mouse @1000, smooth and no stumbles >> it makes no discernible noise from the ex tip.

I'm more than happy with my "totally unreasonable, wanton act of desecration" against SuziQ... FFS 😎✔️