New business?

N Dentressangle

So, there must be some brass to be made from offering a dignified* and opulent* send-off for deceased shiters and their rellies. I give you the basis of a sound business plan, sure to impress any bank manager:

nlMbCM0.jpg

Don't fancy the death business? Worried about getting stiffed? Step this way for your new way to a fortune in camper hire. The compact model, for the single man or small family:

VizEbQ8.jpg

or for the shiter who thinks that little bit bigger:

ggs7LHs.jpg

All in stock today at Harry Bucklands, Cheltenham.

Plus, I couldn't resist this rather classy 405 estate, with chrome bits on the grille and everything:

LtB2wll.jpg

Surely there's no need to scrap such excellence?

Shame about the Master camper. Last on road in 2014. Either rust, engine problem or minor shunt possibly condemned it ...probably the former. Lot's of happy holidays there...

Date tested25 April 2014

PASS

Mileage158,145 miles

MOT test number8154 4591 4106

Expiry date24 April 2015

Advisory notice item(s)

• oil/fuel leak?
  • outer sills/ rear quarter extensively corroded, but not yet affecting suspension/steering or braking.

Did anyone see a Fiat Stilo Estate or a Fiat Punto MK1 or Uno in there?

Shame about the Peugeot 405, look's in good condition. The Rover also looked to be in good order. An never seen one on a Y reg. Maybe of use as spares though to Lord Sterling fleet? 

On 8/30/2019 at 8:50 PM, Burnside said:

Did anyone see a Fiat Stilo Estate or a Fiat Punto MK1 or Uno in there?

Shame about the Peugeot 405, look's in good condition. The Rover also looked to be in good order. An never seen one on a Y reg. Maybe of use as spares though to Lord Sterling fleet? 

There wasn't any interesting Fiats when I went a few days ago. 

I did see if that Rapier had any bits worth foraging but it looked shot to bits. 

The front bumper could be worth saving?

8 minutes ago, Nibblet said:

By the entrance and no doubt for sale was this Viva complete with crude lever operated accelerator/brake for disabled use.

20190904_113123.jpg

Viva is an SL no less - some of these come with significantly large engines - could be 1.8. Even has Vauxhall mudflaps, could have original dealer sticker and maybe even plates. Very nice.

2 hours ago, bramz7 said:

There wasn't any interesting Fiats when I went a few days ago. 

I did see if that Rapier had any bits worth foraging but it looked shot to bits. 

The front bumper could be worth saving?

Cheers for the reply back regarding the lack of Fiats. I'll take it as a good sign! 

Hope that Viva btw is for the yard. Looks a peach. 

Blue Viva VFH 408M is a 1256cc, reg'd Sept 73. Road tax due 1st Sept 1986. Looks like it must have been stored somewhere dry for 33 years. I think late 73 / early 74 was the crossover point where the 1800 and 2300 Vivas became Magnums. Loads of info on Vauxpedia.

If it was adapted for disabled driver use then there's a good chance it could be a low mileage car. (Possibly a 3-speed automatic? - am not sure if they did a 1300 auto).