Dan302's new car

Dan302

1 minute ago, Dan302 said:

Absolutely! I'll get the drop links etc done at some point but there's no rush. I may treat it to some new tyres too but again there's no rush!

Haha if I don't get the rear tyres on wifeys car this weekend she'll have a blow-out next week for sure!

• 2 months later...
On 1/21/2022 at 11:47 PM, Dan302 said:

My mate is taking his test soon and wanted to buy his first car (he's 38......left it pretty late) so we went to have a look at a 2009 Yaris 1.3. Looked a cracking little motor so he's paid a deposit.

The dealer often has a few classics in so had to photograph these beauties.

20220121_120405.jpg

20220121_115833.jpg

20220121_115748.jpg

20220121_115742.jpg

20220121_115724.jpg

20220121_115718.jpg

phwoar...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Recently had the front tyres replaced with a budget pair (Laufenn) they seem absolutely fine and are much better than what was on there before. I'm out of work at the moment so didn't want to spend too much.

Have a pair of budgets on order for the rear too via my tyre fitter friend (cost price and free fitting for the win)

I've also got some tailgate struts on order as I'm sick of banging my head 🙄

Decided to treat my car to a good (well semi half arsed) clean.

I started by giving the front seats a quick clean with some 1001 foam spray, they weren't bad, just a few marks, a bit of work with a soft nail brush and damp microfibre cloth soon had them looking smart again.

Cleaned the steering wheel with some interior cleaner on a magic eraser and used the same stuff on a microfibre for the dash and plastics.

Cleaned the inside of the glass then gave the seats, carpet and boot a hoover out.

Then washed the outside, it's not the best job but looks 100% more presentable (actually the interior looks good)

25 minutes ago, Dan302 said:

Recently had the front tyres replaced with a budget pair (Laufenn) they seem absolutely fine and are much better than what was on there before. I'm out of work at the moment so didn't want to spend too much.

Have a pair of budgets on order for the rear too via my tyre fitter friend (cost price and free fitting for the win)

I've also got some tailgate struts on order as I'm sick of banging my head 🙄

Sorry to hear you are out of work Dan I hope you find a job soon. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Dan302 said:

New rear tyres today fitted by my mate. Finest quality RoadMarch ones! 

The small mileage I do now budget tyres are absolutely fine.

20220413_183104.jpg

20220413_185229.jpg

20220413_185247.jpg

Budgets on the rear are usually absolutely fine on something like a Ce'ed and there would hardly be any perceivable difference between them and a premium set. Probably the last set of rear tyres the thing will see anyway!

6 hours ago, Eyersey1234 said:

How many miles do you do these days Dan? Eccles has done about 2700 miles since January which is low for me though there have been no really long trips yet this year though that will change as there are several pencilled in over the next few months 

It's just over 4 miles from my house to the garden centre so about 8 ish miles a day.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...