Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I'm currently flogging or trying to flog my 98 Punto....stop laughing!  I now own a shitbox Skoda Fabia mk1 estate with rust and rattles and I'm wondering if such a wreck would be welcomed  at a shitefest type event or do I risk being ostracised to the shadows of hatred , a bit like my choice of motorcycle ie not quite a bike and not quite a scooter so riders of both hate me...Philistines. This car even had my children questioning my age??? Is beige a sign I'm old.  Please offer guidance and if at all possible a compassionate outreach of hand to a lonely lost and confused motorist of shite vehicles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Puntomunto60 said:

I'm currently flogging or trying to flog my 98 Punto....stop laughing!  I now own a shitbox Skoda Fabia mk1 estate with rust and rattles and I'm wondering if such a wreck would be welcomed  at a shitefest type event or do I risk being ostracised to the shadows of hatred , a bit like my choice of motorcycle ie not quite a bike and not quite a scooter so riders of both hate me...Philistines. This car even had my children questioning my age??? Is beige a sign I'm old.  Please offer guidance and if at all possible a compassionate outreach of hand to a lonely lost and confused motorist of shite vehicles.

Just get yourself to Shitefest, in my experience the worse the car, the more popular it is!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only person I know who wouldn't what you to bring a Skoda anywhere near is my wife.  Opinions formed in the 80s can not be moved. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Puntomunto60 said:

I know but I would like punty to go to a shiter who appreciates it. The scrap bin awaits if I can't sell it which pains me but I have nowhere to store her.😢

I shared a 60s with my brother when we were both still at home. Big alloys, Powerflow exhaust, we abused the fucker and it kept coming back. Superb little cars and good fun to drive as well. Having had a few old fiats I've always wondered why people are so obsessed with saying they're shit! As many a yellow belly has said "if I had room I'd have it off you......" Why don't you put some pictures up? Louiepj loves a Punto...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As owner of the Skoda that came before yours, and the one before that I can say your car will be considered true Shite very soon, if not already. I watched the Favorits dissappear, I'm watching the the Felicia follow (I scan the usual ads regularly to see if any out there are better than mine. They never are.) rapidly. The mk1 Fabia is disappearing faster than you think. You might think they're a bit new for here but the first ones are almost 20. Classic Shite area. Welcome along. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Puntomunto60 said:

I know but I would like punty to go to a shiter who appreciates it. The scrap bin awaits if I can't sell it which pains me but I have nowhere to store her.😢

How about a roffle, I'm guessing scrap price is about 150 quid, so 3quid a ticket, discount for multiple buys. I wouldn't even have to change train to get to Cas from here if I was (un)lucky!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Matty said:

I shared a 60s with my brother when we were both still at home. Big alloys, Powerflow exhaust, we abused the fucker and it kept coming back. Superb little cars and good fun to drive as well. Having had a few old fiats I've always wondered why people are so obsessed with saying they're shit! As many a yellow belly has said "if I had room I'd have it off you......" Why don't you put some pictures up? Louiepj loves a Punto...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a massive soft spot for these, I think mainly because many years ago I was deeply in (unreciprocated) love with a girl who had a very nice lightly modified example.

I have neither the time nor space for it but I hope it finds a good home!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me too. It was my first car really as I passed my test age of 46. I learned to drive at 17 in a 1977 mini 1000 made of filler, failed my test then left cars for motorcycles. Great thing is the memories of your first car are branded into memory... although Mine are fairly recent. Some poor kids today's first experience of ownership involve stupid modern characterless rubbish churned out by linked in robotic corporations leasing crap you can only drive in the daytime whilst watching the odometer because heaven forbid you should actually be able to drive the thing beyond 2000 miles a year!!!  Rant over...  What I'm trying to say is your first car should be unforgettable not regrettable. Kids buy a shite car at least you will remember it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Golf Plus? Well I doff my hat respectfully at them. I own a Golf Bluemotion as a daily drive, so I'm hardly qualified to judge. Though I am a massive old Skoda fan I regret never getting a chance to drive my mates Skoda 136 rapid.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, beko1987 said:

Supernaut on here really loves them, I'd PM him and see if he wants to buy it.

Someone turned up to SF18 in a 60 plate Golf Plus and it didnt get vandalised so I reckon youll be OK this year!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FlyingDustbin said:

Golf Plus? Well I doff my hat respectfully at them. I own a Golf Bluemotion as a daily drive, so I'm hardly qualified to judge. Though I am a massive old Skoda fan I regret never getting a chance to drive my mates Skoda 136 rapid.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FlyingDustbin said:

Golf Plus? Well I doff my hat respectfully at them. I own a Golf Bluemotion as a daily drive, so I'm hardly qualified to judge. Though I am a massive old Skoda fan I regret never getting a chance to drive my mates Skoda 136 rapid.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rapid yes, Estelle yes, golf plus im on the fence but certainly more fun than a standard golf.  I mainly detest the SUV especially those tanks with tiny windows, a tablet superglued to the dash and wheels like a child's roundabout. Too many distractions for some of the dumb asses driving around in those death machines. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...