'98 Megane Mk1 1.6 RXE - 33k miles - 12 Months MOT! louiepj = WINNER!

smellypoo

2 minutes ago, smellypoo said:

It's a really good, solid car too, it deserves to be used as I reckon it has a lot of life left in it (it's only done 33,230 miles), and only front tyres as advisories on a 12 month ticket.

As far as I can tell, everything bar the driver's side window works. It even looks presentable, if a bit boring!

As a long-term prospect, along with tyres and tracking, the cam belt ought to be looked at and changed if necessary - someone on here did ask about that and although the history is extensive, there isn't a receipt or invoice that says that its been done. Phil isn't particularly technically minded, he just let the garage get on with it. But for £250, while you can afford to play cam belt roulette it'd be a shame to cube it if that went for the sole reason the car being cheaper than the parts + labour. If it can be diy'd, I reckon that would be 'proper autoshite' as I don't see any reason for it to deteriorate rapidly if it's looked after and maintained.

It's an absolute no brainer for someone looking for AN CAR, didn't realise the mileage either, even more of a bargain 

Currently 16 numbers left. It's probably a stretch to expect a Saturday Roffle tomorrow, but it is possible...

Just out of interest, CarTakeBack reckons they'd give £140 for this. Obviously not considering it, having just put it through an MOT -  I just wanted to know! 

PayPal seems to come with some degree of risk these days.  We have had even PayPal gifts reversed months after the event.

My suggestion would be to prefer bank transfer, offer PayPal only to people you really trust, and don't think about drawing until ALL the money is in.

14 minutes ago, loserone said:

PayPal seems to come with some degree of risk these days.  We have had even PayPal gifts reversed months after the event.

My suggestion would be to prefer bank transfer, offer PayPal only to people you really trust, and don't think about drawing until ALL the money is in.

I have a Starling account, which seems to make it easy for people to pay into at work when we do a bulk pizza or kebab order... might try that...

3 minutes ago, mitsisigma01 said:

I'll bring a full tool kit and a circuit tester.... Is it a Renault ! 

Pretty sure you won't need it, I know what you mean re: Renault/French, but it's actually surprisingly sound! 

Driver's window aside, the electrics all seem to work fine and it starts first time, runs sweetly and drives well!

27 minutes ago, loserone said:

Who the chuff does a reversal Ona roffle the buggers?

if I won the glorious* Doc rover maybe but that isn’t cricket at all.

17 minutes ago, clayts450 said:

If there's any left I'll hoover up the lot please - colleague at work has come unstuck and I'd rather she had this than my Streetwise on loan.

Cheers - numbers 20, 22, 48 and 53 are yours!

That's it - all numbers allocated!

Ok, so I'm about to send out a message to all with my payment details - is it bad form to send a message to all or should I do that individually?

It's probably a bit late to mention this but I'll go ahead anyway - if the roffle is tomorrow, it'd be great if you could pickup the car anytime from then to the end of day on Wednesday 15th May (anytime will be fine) - I can do Thursday up to noon at a stretch.

I'll then be away with work, returning on the 31st  - it'd be nice to claim the tax back before the month ticks over, so it does cut it a bit fine, I'll admit.  If you do need to pickup after I return, I can put the car on the drive but it'd mean it won't be taxed to get you home if the month ticks over. If that's a deal breaker, please let me know.

Alternatives may be a shitely-relay thing if any kind 'shiters can assist or I can drop off locally before I leave, if that helps. I live in Epsom, Surrey.

3 minutes ago, clayts450 said:

Have you pressed send yet - my 'paided' finger is twitching here...

giphy.gif

sorry. I'm a knob - I thought I'd included you on the payment details message! I've apparently now 'added you to the conversation' - can you see the prior messages?