Austin Maxi

keef

2 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

ah thats interesting, somewhere along the line the ampersand symbol in the URL gets broken notice it says "&"

the URL is supposed to be: https://autoshite.com/topic/34927-austin-maxi/?do=findComment&comment=1970474

see how it works now :) 

the question is, are the URLs getting broken by the forum software or by something on your end (say your email client or such like)

Funny that the original url works fine if posted into an email (on the forum), but not if clicked or posted into the search bar.

image.png

20 hours ago, keef said:

He has a 1500 cable changer as well. :)

That will be cool when it's back up & running. I still find it odd the dashboard  seems to be black on those early ones, i'm sure my neighbours car had a grey/ dark silver one & that was early.

Pity the donor car is an automatic, they're my ideal Maxi ! 

Thought this may interest some people here:

363067801_Scan55.thumb.jpeg.f1bd0b2f81ec8befd425d2a368184b45.jpeg326956216_Scan56.thumb.jpeg.7532772e853ec2270e5edfc4e8678191.jpeg

Does anyone have info on my Dad's first car? Apologies for the low quality scan, it was done a while ago:

Austin_Maxi.jpeg.aa959119681a7ebea3b805d20ff06550.jpeg

My dad recalls passing his driving test in GBK 987N on the 14th of May, 1980. He remembers doing a celebratory drive around the Esher/East Molesey area after that test, his Bearded Collie, Angus sat in the boot & joined him for the ride.

19 minutes ago, JeeExEll said:

Found this when looking through old saved pics. Special Tuning instructions for twin carbs on a Maxi.  May be of interest to serious Maxi lickers who haven't seen it.

Interesting that the supplied manifold studs were too long!

Yes I think that's probably where it came from, have a few pic sources but never label anything, am clearing out some old saved photos so posted here before deleting. Cute little short-tail Triumph there too. What's the estate car behind the HB Viva? I like the Cortina boot handle.

1 hour ago, JeeExEll said:

EcXmBT3.png

Cool pic' a proper 1970's car park.

Interesting that the car out of that lot with what we would consider a still modern spec', acceptable today, is the Maxi.  Front wheel drive, independent suspension, 5 door hatchback, 5 speed gearbox.  BL were well ahead of the game with that car !

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2020 at 5:16 PM, JeeExEll said:

Yes I think that's probably where it came from, have a few pic sources but never label anything, am clearing out some old saved photos so posted here before deleting. Cute little short-tail Triumph there too. What's the estate car behind the HB Viva? I like the Cortina boot handle.

That's tricky, at a guess a Pug 404 wagon.