eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

22 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

I just love the phrase " I don’t know anything about the car just listing for a friend ". A friend with a mark III Tina by the look of it in picture 10.

You wonder what the reserve is...

7 hours ago, lesapandre said:

Quite a late one with a K reg there. I had one - the big bugbear was the engine - a reworked C-series - not very happy to rev so not as drivable as it should have been. 

I think these were ready for sale by about 1964 but were delayed. 

And the badge - I'd guess it was George Harriman and the BMC board who kept the Austin badge for sentimental reasons. Wd have been better prestige-wise as a Wolseley or even a Riley. 

There was a Rover V8 prototype in the Longbridge car pool in the late 60's which I understand was quite popular as well as Wolseley and Vanden Plas prototypes.

But as a nice old collectors car to use occasionally an interesting buy. Very nicely finished inside. These must have had some time and love spent on them at the factory as Longbridge's prestige car. The veneers are very nice. Some had leather seats.

Not expensive these days in comparison to other stuff. Even looks like it has the original carpets. 

With a better engine these could have been real upper-crust go-cart. I recall the handling was pretty good. Interesting engineering too.

Dear old crazy BMC - they did leave us with some amazing stuff! 

Over thinking you are. Imagine a sunny Sunday opening the garage and taking that out for a drive.

I would.

44 minutes ago, morrisoxide said:

Being a sad fucker (anorak on mode), it's interesting that for a 1967 vehicle the DVLA have given it a 1968 registration (@LBF where are you).

And before you ask, TWE---F was issued to two batches of AEC Swift's and two lots of Leyland Atlanteans in 1968 followed by WWB---G (193 was at the Commercial Motor show that year). I'm showing my age now...(Anorak off).

1 hour ago, busmansholiday said:

I just love the phrase " I don’t know anything about the car just listing for a friend ". A friend with a mark III Tina by the look of it in picture 10.

You wonder what the reserve is...

It should be free, the 126 is a terrible, terrible car.

Well for you Mr know it alls the teenager is listing for a friend who's useless with computers & I'm dealing with enquiries ( have it here ) as the owners widow doesn't want to deal with cock wombles.

The reserve is reasonable there is also a large quantity of nos panels & parts (mostly genuine fiat) available too.

Could be worse could be a vauxhall.

s-l1600.jpg

Anti-ANPR: FAIL

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-405-SRDT/123916298074?hash=item1cd9fca75a:g:QjIAAOSwGOJdiOX2

'it’s always pasted it’s MOT'

Except in 2006, 2007, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2018 where it didn't 'pasted' it's MOT. 

2 hours ago, busmansholiday said:

Being a sad fucker (anorak on mode), it's interesting that for a 1967 vehicle the DVLA have given it a 1968 registration (@LBF where are you).

And before you ask, TWE---F was issued to two batches of AEC Swift's and two lots of Leyland Atlanteans in 1968 followed by WWB---G (193 was at the Commercial Motor show that year). I'm showing my age now...(Anorak off).

it looks like the vehicle was imported into the UK where I imagine it was just issued an age related plate, where it seems all that really matters is that the Suffix/Prefix/age maker matches the vehicle (and sometimes not even that!) and Im not sure if the DVLA pay attention to such details like you mention when it comes to issuing age related plates, with the DVLA looking at what numbers they have that were never issued and are slowly working through them

for example I have noticed is age related plates seem to be issued in somewhat batches, for example with VES108S (ex XEV88S) you will see  1998 imports etc which is handy in the case of vehicles that have been plate raped like VES, for figuring out when they were plated raped or even figuring that they where plate raped in the first place (see Section of my Invacar thread where I discovered VES108S was an age related plate :) (I also figured out the same for JBY503J as well before VES)

and if you go either side of WWA425F you will find other April 2019 imports, I imagine they will use up all the not issued WWA-F reg's then move start on issuing the next series of F Reg's they have on hand

how they decide which unused reg series to issue first over another I have no idea!

(side note ED22C is a 2 wheeled tractor according to the DVLA LOL one for @egg and his "2-wheel" invacar :mrgreen: )

(for @barrett it looks like the change happened with the E suffix, with F suffix being the first 1st aug to 31st July suffix)

Miserable weather

Miserable town

Miserable car.

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Proton-Satria/174041882257?hash=item2885b45e91:g:s~IAAOSws-xdieBc

'Quick sale £299'

22 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

Miserable weather

Miserable town

Miserable car.

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Proton-Satria/174041882257?hash=item2885b45e91:g:s~IAAOSws-xdieBc

'Quick sale £299'

If that doesn't end up on here I'll be very disappointed.

I've already owned one of them, I swapped my felicia pickup for the 309 then drove it to Aldershot to swap it for the green 305 saloon. The 309 was in far better condition.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk