eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

Did anybody on here ever pay proper money for a proper car?

There's certainly an opportunity here.

8516983.jpg

It's a weird world.  I want to tell the bloke his undesirable old Honda is worth nowhere NEAR this amount, and that i'll give him "600 2nite m8 tek it off yer ands".  But then in the context of shitty old Fords, £2k is very good value.  Actually, £2k is cheap.

What an office to observe the inside lane from.

8516989.jpg

Dunno.  Maybe it's a bit rich.  Maybe I've been lucky of late buying at very fair prices.  He sounds like a proper chap, so if you turn up in chinos and leather shoes and behave politely, you might just get lucky.

With regret, it is time to thin out my ever-growing vehicle collection. This is my 1988 Honda Accord in Forest Green. I am the 2nd owner of this car when I bought it in 2005. It was new to a titled gent in Central London where it was maintained by the Honda dealer. This is now a very rare car and it is offered to an enthusiast who will appreciate its rarity. I do not use this car often enough, so sadly it really has to go....

So, what is it worth? Who knows? However, given its rarity and excellent condition, I'm not giving it away so I am open to offers.....

New in 1988
85000 miles from new. (only 3000 miles per year average!)
Automatic
A new MOT is on the car
No rust at all.
Kept in a new, dry, locked shed.
Polished regularly
In the glove box is a copy of the "London Times" from the day the car was new.
Recent exhaust system fitted.
Recent new alternator.
Well and regularly maintained.
Recent new rear wheel arch repair sections fitted and re-sprayed.
Recent service including timing belt, new brake shoes and pads.

8516983.jpg

It's a weird world.  I want to tell the bloke his undesirable old Honda is worth nowhere NEAR this amount, and that i'll give him "600 2nite m8 tek it off yer ands".  But then in the context of shitty old Fords, £2k is very good value.  Actually, £2k is cheap.

8516989.jpg

Dunno.  Maybe it's a bit rich.  Maybe I've been lucky of late buying at very fair prices.  He sounds like a proper chap, so if you turn up in chinos and leather shoes and behave politely, you might just get lucky.

Then there's this salty timewarp

It's a weird world. I want to tell the bloke his undesirable old Honda is worth nowhere NEAR this amount, and that i'll give him "600 2nite m8 tek it off yer ands". But then in the context of shitty old Fords, £2k is very good value. Actually, £2k is cheap.

Dunno. Maybe it's a bit rich. Maybe I've been lucky of late buying at very fair prices. He sounds like a proper chap, so if you turn up in chinos and leather shoes and behave politely, you might just get lucky.

I like 'my' office ;)

Dunno about 'flipping for £££', I just love her [likely a smidgen more, with new engine stability mods] :)

Not too salty for a BRM, £1680 BINs

s-l1600.jpg

Are you ready for the money shot ? Hold onto yer undercrackers, here it comes....

s-l1600.jpg

Mummy, I just made a mess of my trousers

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rover-BRM-200-Long-MOT-58-000-Miles/123072850532?hash=item1ca7b6aa64:g:inEAAOSw4vJazySf

Anyone dying to own a tidy 2007 Peugeot 207 1.4? It's lowish mileage (71k) and has 12 months' MOT, my neighbour is trying to sell it at the moment and is getting fed up with the steady stream of time wasters. She's asking for £2000, no idea if that's realistic but I suspect she'd consider a fair offer.

$_86.JPG

Do you have a link?

It’s both sad and reality that that Honda is £850 at best.

There used to be quite a few of those Accords in my area when they were in production. They were much liked by older drivers, being very easy to drive, and looked like a proper three-box saloon. Its successor was equally good.

After that, Honda went all 5-door hatchback with the Accord, and then discovered British Touring Car racing. They went head-to-head with Peugeot 406s, Renault Lagunas, Vauxhall Cavaliers, some Volvo estates, etc. Great to watch in those days...

I still own one of those Accord series, but with the Aerodeck body.  Been laid-up for years, I was going to throw it way, perhaps not now.  I couldn't anyway, as it was my Mum's car and it really was a good drive.  The quality at the Sayama plant over Swindon was obvious when you were in it

See where I'm getting to?  Nostalgia heart ruling over head.

In that green, with that interior, mileage etc, it wins my £1800 over a £1500 Peugeot 405 any day.  Because it would be for keeps / ticking that nostalgia box / a class above a Peugeot / another excuse

The main shame about that Accord is it will be pineappled by next April.  Because OMGJDMBOSOSOKU-YO!  And I will kick myself in 2021 for not buying such a clean* example when it was available.

Anyone want to by some of my motors so can fund it?

Just looked up the Accord's history.  Caveated Emptorage.

It was up for £2750 when the current owner bought it December 2015.  So I doubt he gave just £850 for it

However, it's probably not as clean as it should be though, what with the recorded colour change.  But still, it's a 30-year-old proper Honda.  Not a chinese-built Jazz or a rentacar Civic from Bradford.

Not too salty for a BRM, £1680 BINs

s-l1600.jpg

Are you ready for the money shot ? Hold onto yer undercrackers, here it comes....

s-l1600.jpg

Mummy, I just made a mess of my trousers

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rover-BRM-200-Long-MOT-58-000-Miles/123072850532?hash=item1ca7b6aa64:g:inEAAOSw4vJazySf

Genuinely love these, I just can't get my head around them being Impreza wagon money.