eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1970-Austin-1800-/262833379819?hash=item3d321719eb:g:0kMAAOSw44BYkiFi

if biege isn't you thing, then frankly you may be on the wrong forum. or you could try antilope instead?

this is £3.3k, but its a nice looking mark 2 crab, i wonder if it as nice underneath?

s-l1600.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUSTIN-7-CHUMMY-1928-/292016121533?hash=item43fd8466bd:g:l4UAAOSwUKxYdN3e

hello poppet......

s-l1600.jpg

crab too big and modern?

fancy driving a real "Brum" but don't like yellow?

then you need this little sweetie pie.... its many thousands of pounds, but i think its just so so cute!!

s-l1600.jpg

Looks SUPA-ACE, but are they as meh to drive as people say?

Diplomatically speaking, they are from a previous generation. As a gentle trundler they're fine, but they will warn you if you try and corner too fast by ploughing on in a straight line. Gearbox fights you every step of the way, clutch judder as standard. Comfy and roomy enough, a doddle to work on.

Diplomatically speaking, they are from a previous generation. As a gentle trundler they're fine, but they will warn you if you try and corner too fast by ploughing on in a straight line. Gearbox fights you every step of the way, clutch judder as standard. Comfy and roomy enough, a doddle to work on.

hmmmm the marina sounds like MY kinda car!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUSTIN-ALLEGRO-1-3L-1981-/112288856311?hash=item1a24eff8f7:g:zLQAAOSw241Ykd7F

BEGONE YOU BEIGE TEMPTRESS!!

s-l1600.jpg

pictures are pretty crap, it has no MOT and is £900 BIN

but it has a velour interior,

s-l1600.jpg

and it looks like its been ziebarted or similar whn new, judging by the engine bay

s-l1600.jpg

so prehaps its not that bad afterall?? poor wee thing....

i still want NEED to own one of these.

As much as I love em I've given up on BL era chod. Parts are just getting too hard to come by and are jealously hoarded. 500 quid for a front wing ffs, E series bits are extinct, 1275cc bits all have mini scene tax and hydragas displacers are a big problem

As much as I love em I've given up on BL era chod. Parts are just getting too hard to come by and are jealously hoarded. 500 quid for a front wing ffs, E series bits are extinct, 1275cc bits all have mini scene tax and hydragas displacers are a big problem

i've been encountering the same issues with the metro and also to the Rover 75

sadly it is not a surprise given that the car's been out of production since 1991 (its an austin metro) or 2005 for the Rover.

but that doesn't stop me coverting them.

many parts, bearing, brake pads andn the like, service parts, are easy enough still to get from our old school motor factors, and the number of allegro panels up for sale at BL car day does give me some hope. as for the cost, well if you need the part, then it just costs what it costs.

my other half and i have been stockpiling metro panels when we come across them, just as well given that i'm going to get some body work done on mine in the spring, we have wings, quarters all bloody sorts. if i was to sell the car then i guess the parts stash would end up either on the club site or the bay of fleas.

also, if i was "lucky" enough to get to own an allegro, then i'd have to join the club......

Couple of slightly unusual Foci. First up this excellent listing; having looked into it the car had very low mileage until it's last MOT in 2015, and is one of the 'factory fit' LPG models. I daresay the gas stuff might be worth breaking it for if it's terminally knackered some other way?

s-l1600.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122327397210?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Guest Breadvan72

A pity that Marina Coupes seem to be all looks and not much go.  I don't mind ye old fashioned handling (I've had a Vitesse, and I love my Dolly, because 70s), but the Marina might be too rubbish even for me.  I miss that terrible Betakoop 1300 that I had for a while, even though it was beshonkerated.   Nippy and handly classic 1300 engined cars at affordable prices appear to be mucho rare.

post-20573-0-11444600-1485985950_thumb.jpg

Then on my way to the shops I spotted this. The sign in the window says 12 months MOT, but I checked, and it's only got ticket till March at the moment. Perhaps if you turn up with £395 in folding they stick a new on one for you? Anyway it's a full fat 2.0 Ghia X manual, and looked in fine nick for a car with 170k+ on it, rear arches looked mint, though there's a big scratch on the rear three quarter. Four Goodyear Efficient Grips on it with about 4mm tread on too. Must admit I'm quite tempted to buy it, smoke around in it for a bit, then roffle it, would it make £5 a ticket?

Not sure Dave's mate gets out much

s-l1600.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/iveco-eurocargo-special-show-vehicle-/112288688510?hash=item1a24ed697e:g:I30AAOSwiDFYNKpf

'just to add the lorry looks like it's going to will a world record for biggest flag display'

underwhelmed.jpg

Guest Breadvan72

Looking at that 75, I just don't get it.  To me, that is the epitome of bland.  I tend to fall asleep when I see one of these on the motorway.  There's fookin loads of the things on the M40, so this is a bummer.

Guest Breadvan72

I am getting a faint whiff of fish paste from that Marinakoop advert.  The car is priced well below other recent ads for coupes in good condition, the offer to deliver free anywhere in the UK seems odd, and the registration does not show up on the DVLA site.  

EDIT:  That last bit is wrong, and hence crossed out. I initially read the reg as DRB 204K, but it is more likely ORB 204K, and that comes up OK.  I am probably being unduly cynical.

make a change from a piano I suppose.

can they actually be made to handle ?

Part of the problem is a mismatch of Spring rates between front and rear. Stiffer rear shocks would help, also fitting telescopics up front instead of the crappy lever arm jobbies they came with. Wider wheels/tyres, maybe lower the suspension a bit (front end is torsion bar so easy enough, just move em round a couple of splines) with lowering blocks on the back maybe. The camber angle of the front wheels never seemed right to me on these either, the understeer was always much more pronounced than on the competition. It's a waste of time playing with the bigger engined versions, the extra engine weight just has too much negative effect on the front end.

BL special tuning used Marina 1.3 coupes in competition for that very reason. You can do a hell of a lot with an A series too, the only limit is your wallet. Overbore, bigger carb, bigger valves, port/polish,supercharge/turbocharge, 5 speed conversion etc etc

Nothing can make a marina into a decent car, take it from people who where there at the time, they where & allways will be shit.

Badly made from poor components,ill handling, unreliable rot prone whatever car you consider to be shit these were worse on all levels.

Their the epitome of a bad car they couldn't even get simple things right

2 Dr doors to small to allow access to the rear seats.

A wiper system that has a driver blind spot in either lhd or rhd (even though the shell's all came with provision for correct orientation ),

Front suspension components to weak for the purpose (over the whole production run).

Gbox again to weak for power output gearshift housing breakage (again never rectified).