eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

1 hour ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

€1900 seems a bit steep by our standards but I know second hand cars can be a lot more expensive in some countries.

Also, I like this.

be27fdc5-4122-41e6-a5fa-4c8528461545.jpeg.b6eff893607f0347271b0159eef649ef.jpeg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Yoss said:

€1900 seems a bit steep by our standards but I know second hand cars can be a lot more expensive in some countries.

Also, I like this.

be27fdc5-4122-41e6-a5fa-4c8528461545.jpeg.b6eff893607f0347271b0159eef649ef.jpeg

For a Norwegian, the price is quite reasonable and I would have bought it for that. And I also like the mileage can't be many surviving Favorit with such high mileage.

5 minutes ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

For a Norwegian, the price is quite reasonable and I would have bought it for that. And I also like the mileage can't be many surviving Favorit with such high mileage.

There can't be many Favorits whose odometer has lasted that long. They are a bit of a weak point. There are a lot of Favorits and Felicias running around with unknown mileage because the speedometer has been replaced. Including both of mine and my previous Felicia.

10 hours ago, richardmorris said:

Jet 1 concept (with work and imagination)

IMG_1050.png

IMG_1049.png

IMG_1051.png

IMG_1052.png

Think that’s my old one….

S-L1600.jpeg

• Sad 3

4 hours ago, Yoss said:

There can't be many Favorits whose odometer has lasted that long. They are a bit of a weak point. There are a lot of Favorits and Felicias running around with unknown mileage because the speedometer has been replaced. Including both of mine and my previous Felicia.

mine too, it was working when I got it but stopped at Lake Geneva 

I did see a YouTube of Dollywobbler/Hubnut fixing his but when I took mine apart the failure mode was different and couldn't be repaired 

1 hour ago, ProgRocker said:

I think there's some further details worth reading about on the Citroen owners Facebook page with regards that. Definitely worth checking out before purchase 

1 hour ago, wesacosa said:

mine too, it was working when I got it but stopped at Lake Geneva 

I did see a YouTube of Dollywobbler/Hubnut fixing his but when I took mine apart the failure mode was different and couldn't be repaired 

I assume the one in the blue car is not original as it was only on 2600ish at it's 2006 MOT, the earliest date on the MOT history. It's not impossible that that is original but it seems unlikely. Anyway it now reads way too fast and the colder it is the faster it reads. If I head straight out the motorway on a cold morning I can get it right off the clock whilst still being overtaken by everyone else. It gets gradually more accurate as it warms up but you have to be going at least half an hour before it gets anywhere near where it should be.

Being a fancy 136LS I have rev counter so I drive off that. 3000rpm in top is about 70mph, 2200 through the 50mph average speed sections and 1750 in fourth in the 30 zones, those are the main ones you need to know.

I do have two spares in the loft but I don't even know if they work. I shall probably wait until mine breaks completely before I found out.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, GlenAnderson said:

I’ve always fancied a Rebel, but the saloons look a bit odd from the back. If that had been the estate I might well have risked the wrath of SWMBO and had a bid on it. 

Yes it's quite attractive, I have to say. It's such a minor quibble but it's annoying me they've put new tyres on quite rusty rims (even though I've done the same before). 

• Like 2