For Sale: 2001 Mondeo Mk3 2l TDDI Ghia CAT N

jamespatrickbart

Hi

putting my toe in the water to see if anyone would be interested in buying my Mondeo. 

Pretty good nick except front nearside wing has a big dent in it from a lovely fellow motorist pulling out in front of me a bit quick..

Grey beige interior - single CD player (no changers here), manual. Photos of interior if you want to see them, it's a completely bog standard mondeo though!

Bad bits:

• Remote locking can be a bit dodgy sometimes in cold weather (relatively common and you can just lock it the old fashioned way).
  • Big dent in wing (pics to follow)
  • Needs some new rear tyres really (like, within a month) 

Everything works otherwise, no smoke and clutch/DMF replaced prob 18 months ago, and MOT up to Feb 2019.

No idea what a fair price would be for this ,let me know. Would anyone be interested at £400?

post-20396-0-14391100-1529873420_thumb.jpg

post-20396-0-54316400-1529873424_thumb.jpg

post-20396-0-72230100-1529873427_thumb.jpg

post-20396-0-86712900-1529873430_thumb.jpg

I do believe Sierraman might possibly in the market for a Mondeo? And what sort of mileage is it sitting on?

About 120k if memory serves, barely run in. 

Air con working?

Cruise control?

Heated front windscreen?

Yes, doesn't exist, yes (although occasionally only does one side)

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk

Am a bit disappointed there is no gaffer tape to make an effective repair.

For that authentic old Mondeo feel. Just need a mismatched bumper and a half eaten packet of crisps on the back seat...

TDDI for extra shite points. If it was a bit closer I'd be on to it but it's a bit of a distance for me to consider over the next month or so.

These are good units, bar the pump going they used to plod on for ages. Seen plenty with 300k on the clock.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

As an epitaph, lucky noone did buy it as the high pressure fuel pump shat itself outside the Stratford velodrome the other week and is now dead. £200 to tow back to Ipswich and now Scrap. Uneconomical to repair. Shame as the engine was complety solid otherwise. Oh well...

Depends why the pump has gone. I can’t quite remember but these sometimes suffer the electronic circuitry going haywire. If it’s that it’s worth fitting a new pump. If it’s worn out though chances are it could have took the injectors with it.

Used tested one is £100, so another £150 or whatever fitting it. Depends what rest of car is like.

isn't a fuel pump for one of those about 150 quid? that's not uneconomical to repair surely, well not in autoshitter talk.

From my reckoning, TDDIs have 2 fuel pumps, a cheapish lift pump at the back and one in the engine bay (not cheap) - it was that one.

If the main pump goes on these, don't you have to have the matching injectors or the old ones coded?