It's a purple barge... Volvo 960 3.0 24v straight six...

Wilko220

Ok, soz to come back after ages away with a “for sale” post but, as I bought this on here, I thought I should give the AS community first dibs on it before it gets ebayed or something.

This was previously owned by Colc and I bought it about a year ago. You can see the thread from the time here: http://autoshite.com/topic/24866-blackcurranty-goodness-sold-sold-sold/

DETAILS

• It is a rare beast-barge of a Volvo 960, with the 3 litre, 24 valve, straight six petrol engine.
  • It’s a 1996 P-reg
  • Automatic gearbox with “winter” and “sport” modes
  • It has done about 176,000 miles

GOOD POINTS

• It sounds great and is very fast
  • Has full leather and all the kind of toys you would expect on a mid-90s top of the range Volvo
  • It has an MOT until 15 February 2018 (and is not due another service until then)
  • Original service book
  • Two newish tyres
  • Has a towbar
  • Er, massive boot obviously

BAD POINTS

• The cooling system leaks and requires regular topping up. My belief is that the leak is from the water pump which will likely require replacing. The water pump is driven by the cam belt.
  • Bodywork is scruffy with lots of giffer scrapes, dents and other assorted blemishes
  • Two of the alloy wheels have been painted black (and two haven’t)
  • The original windscreen washer system has been removed and replaced with an after-market set up, with an auxiliary button on the dash (works and looks ok).
  • There is no load cover (but as the part is shared with all 900 and 700 series models, it should be fairly easy to source one if required).
  • Air con doesn't work (fault undiagnosed) although the other aspects of the climate control system do.

PRICE / LOCATION

• Autoshite / no messing about special price: £300
  • The car is located in St Albans, close to the M25, M1 and A1.
  • I'm a top drawer straightforward bloke with like 100% positive feedback on ebay and everything, so satisfaction guaranteed* etc...
post-2866-0-53137800-1465574976.jpg

post-2866-0-72448400-1465574992.jpg

post-2866-0-18768000-1465574909.jpg

post-2866-0-17060800-1465574872.jpg

post-2866-0-64383500-1465575009.jpg

post-2866-0-57155900-1465575025.jpg

Cheers for the interest folks.

Good to see you back! Lovely Ovolv.

Still got the Rover?

Hello mate - hope you're well. I do indeed. Sadly some clumsy twat managed to smash the front corner of it while parking their Nissan Joke, making it a write-off. But still very much driveable so I bought it back off the insurance company and am using it. Shame, cos it's still perfecto otherwise and runs like a dream.

Guest Hooli

These are fun. I once managed to get every warning on in a two hour drive moving one between dealers, it was much more fun after the TC shut down...

Pm me some contact details please

Thanks for the interest Jifflemon. I have somebody else who contacted me first, who is currently trying to sort out logistics. If they drop out for any reason, I'll let you know.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Wilko220.

"A+ seller would do car deals in back street with again"

Temp gauge never moved all the way back which is more than can be said for the fuel gauge.

• Like 2