what waz i doing,but hey it was free.......

theshadow

It's about time someone embraced the Matiz, bought one with potential, and restored it to mint condition for future generations to marvel at.

Said no one.

Ever.

Negative vibes, man. Everything has potential, brah.

Not sure for what, but let's not let ignore the forum modus operandi. Potential to be a washing machine, maybe.

xtriple, on 19 Dec 2016 - 10:42 AM, said:xtriple, on 19 Dec 2016 - 10:42 AM, said:xtriple, on 19 Dec 2016 - 10:42 AM, said:

My missus had three of these on the trot, all new, a copper bronze 'W' reg, a silver '02' and a blue '07' and the first two were great little cars. The last one was utter shit and sold after less than a year but it was a Chevrolet by then and 4 cylinders and dreadful with none of the buzzy charm the earlier had. Top buying (er, sort of

Was it a 57 Chevrolet by any chance xtriple?

https://youtu.be/subNOl2wWCc

(Probably not but Ms Spears never had a hit called 07 Chevrolet)

I had one of these, an early SE Plus model on an S plate. I loved it, went all over the place in it and have a lot of happy memories of it.

I thought it was a hoot to drive, good on fuel and the three cylinder engine sounded brilliant.

Sadly, I fell on hard times and it sat about for a good while with a couple of (fairly small tbh) issues. Fortunately, it found a home as a Car Mechanics project car and lives on.

• Like 2

Negative vibes, man. Everything has potential, brah.Not sure for what, but let's not let ignore the forum modus operandi. Potential to be a washing machine, maybe.

No, I stand by my comments. My main reason is being in the back of a Matiz, 5 up, driven by my mate's then girlfriend. She'd passed her test around a week previous, it was late in the evening, we were on narrow country roads, and there was a rolling mist. Oh, and she was driving like she stole it. I vowed to myself at that point that if I survived the experience, which seemed unlikely at the time, I'd never enter a Matiz again.

Unfortunately, in the meantime, I ended up being a passenger in my brother in law's Matiz a few times going into Bristol city centre. To be fair, he felt like he was in control, and the three pot sounded quite nice. Still scared of the bloody things though.

more of update got a cheap dayco t/belt £3.95,changed belt still had the original gates dawoo belt on,removed crankshaft pulley was well stuck,rusted on,soon sorted with lump hammer,done oil and filter,was last done 2011!fuel filter was changed,the screw in bracket was rotted,carefully had to use angle grinder,old filter was rotted,tie wrapped the new back in place,otherwise still going...

• 3 weeks later...

Owned one of these from new in 1999 because they came with free insurance and I'd had a few "issues" with company cars for the previous few years. Hated it from new.

Final straw was when a "dent" fixer pushed out a big bulge in the bonnet with his thumb, thought I'm not putting the (then expected) Arragonis Junior into that. Bought a FIAT Bravo instead - which was quite nice by comparison.

took less than a week to sell it on 2 jan,for 225 on gumtree/ :-D :-D :-D

• Like 3