Jalopy Magazine,what are they worth?

155V6

That Marina article was written by former forum member Mash! He is another person who's been long absent, sadly.

But still very much alive and well, with an excellent collection of cars. I shall be seeing him in a few weeks. Must admit I didn't realise he'd got anything in Jalopy - he must have been very young!

I still have issues 1-30 which were bought first time round, couldn't find 31 at the time and it's evaded me ever since.

This is how shite online journalism has become.

http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/news/154910/the-worst-cars-in-the-world/page/0/2

On the Allegro: 'The car was designed by Giorgetto Giugiaro (who also penned the Lotus Esprit and original Volkswagen Scirocco) and British Leyland’s Harris Mann.'

Really?

I mean, REALLY? This is what happens when the office junior is allowed to write articles using Facebook comments as his source. And notice that most of the cars in that list are from defunct manufacturers. Well they don't want to upset their advertising revenue, do they?

Fist class crap.

If anyone has an issue 15, or if there's an issue 15 in the communal job lot...

I will pay a few bob for it.

Or I am even prepared to swap it for a very nice condition issue two.

Complete with an unstuck 'I love my Jalopy' sticker.

whilst wading through a pile of c+cc last night what do i come across but a minty copy of jalopy issue 15  8)

pm me your address mr barefoot ;)

This is how shite online journalism has become.

http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/news/154910/the-worst-cars-in-the-world/page/0/2

On the Allegro: 'The car was designed by Giorgetto Giugiaro (who also penned the Lotus Esprit and original Volkswagen Scirocco) and British Leyland’s Harris Mann.'

Really?

I mean, REALLY? This is what happens when the office junior is allowed to write articles using Facebook comments as his source. And notice that most of the cars in that list are from defunct manufacturers. Well they don't want to upset their advertising revenue, do they?

Fist class crap.

Did you write in and complain? They seem to have changed it now. I do hate those 'worst car' features though. Barrel scraping at its very worst.

Practical Classics is its spiritual successor? You're joking, right?  If anything gets close to running shite old cars with a sense of humour and failed repairs its Car Mechanics.

A r.welfare says Your Classics seemed to take over from it, but was a bit too glossy (I've still got those Jazz mags too).

All this prompted me to look out some old crates of car mags - I have 3 copies of Your Classic, all from 1994 - one article is about fitting "ABS" brakes to a P6 Rover

Also found some old copies of Jalopy I forgot I had.

Guest Lord Sward

I stand corrected.  Real Classics in my mind took over from Jalopy, but I also liked Your Classics.  In fact the local newsagents would reduce them to sell them months after they went out of date.  That was great.

Did RW perhaps mean Real Classics? I have a few but I'm not sure how long it lasted.

8583141859_7606c0ab9c_c.jpg

Real Classics August 1997 No.1 by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

It certainly had similar production standards to Jalopy, with B&W photos on cheapo paper.

I have a complete set of RC.

Started buying at number 2/3 and boughtbthe copy/copies I was missing from their stand at the NEC classic show. Spoke at length to chap on stall comparing it to Joypal, but I don't subequently think it was ever in the same league. I try to keep the spirit of Japloy alive in all my professional ritings.