Sierra 2.0iS

CortinaDave

TBH I'm pretty impressed that it's still about, being a C-reg, that was smack in the middle of Ford's really rusty period (I believe poor quality steel was to blame?) in the mid-80's which is the reason you see (or used to) A & B reg's and you'd see late E and F -onwards regs but little inbetween.

Nice to see them still around (there's an always-dirty white one near me surprisingly enough) but I don't like them enough to buy one but agree it would be a worthwhile purchase to make money off of with an OSF fanatic.

• 4 months later...

Thread update

I actually bought this Sierra to basically save it from either banger racers or being engine/running gear raped for a kit car. Well 5 months on and I've come to the conclusion that I won't get anything done with it as really not got the time and a lack of a shed is against me.

I did buy an ignition barrel/key set (after market from Turkey of all places) to get the steering lock off and make it more mobile and also applied for V5 and sorned it.

As to condition it would need sills and rear inner sills, battery box but seems solid under the box, welding where the chassis number is stamped on the floor/seat mount. The floor and rear chassis legs look solid but haven't been right underneath for a proper poke about. Brakes all round and all associated stuff cables etc. the front doors are both holed in the bottom rear corners. Back doors are ok but drivers side has a dent that may push out. Rear arches fairly solid apart from near side which does have some rot. Boot floor solid with no real rust. Drivers wing has a fresh dent thanks to my oldman dropping a ladder against it. Grill is cracked and would need replaced, headlights also tarnished but may come up with some aluminium/chrome spraypaint.

Engine would need overhaul/rebuild (does turn over by hand) was going to attempt to get running but fuel pump missing and exhaust gone from front pipe back.

Interior is mouse eaten in places. Dash cracked. Tidy 3 spoke steering wheel (unsure if this is a standard 2.0is item)

Overall would make a good resto project as must be rarer than a cossie/xr4i/xr4x4 lol

As I'm fairly new to autoshite( been a long time lurker lol) I ain't good with loading pics but have plenty to email to anyone interested.

Not looking to make anything but more get back roughly what I've paid out. Owes me £550ish.

If anyone would be interested in saving it give me a pm.

Thanks

Mark