Jump to content

Retroshite


Recommended Posts

Posted
4 hours ago, RetroShite said:

Yes, I plan on keeping it indefinitely.

I suppose I'm going to have to keep gawking jealously then🤣

image.png.a22b59da33085ac229dfab779aa43403.png

I'm back in Ireland for a few days to see family and unfortunately the price has skyrocketed over here for them, as is fairly typical for old Toyotas I suppose. I came across a (very rough admittedly) KE30 for €250 in 2017 but my father talked me out of buying it and I've been kicking myself ever since because they started getting more and more desirable in the scene after that. It's a shame that one wasn't registered 40 plates earlier because it could've had KE55 in the middle.

  • Like 1
Posted
7 hours ago, EightMegs said:

I suppose I'm going to have to keep gawking jealously then🤣

image.png.a22b59da33085ac229dfab779aa43403.png

I'm back in Ireland for a few days to see family and unfortunately the price has skyrocketed over here for them, as is fairly typical for old Toyotas I suppose. I came across a (very rough admittedly) KE30 for €250 in 2017 but my father talked me out of buying it and I've been kicking myself ever since because they started getting more and more desirable in the scene after that. It's a shame that one wasn't registered 40 plates earlier because it could've had KE55 in the middle.

That's a ridiculous price for that thing.

Half that price is still too much! 

  • Agree 3
Posted
On 08/09/2026 at 21:17, RetroShite said:

 

Won the X19 on eBay recently, seller said he liked doing them up but only cosmetically and has painted just about every fucking surface inside and out with a paint brush including the seats.

DSC04918.JPG

DSC04925.JPG

DSC04959.JPG

DSC04999.JPG

I spent this summer watching on in awe as a neighbour painted this with a roller and gloss paint. It looked amazing from the bottom of the street 😂

  • Haha 2
Posted
On 27/08/2026 at 18:46, RetroShite said:

Another quality vehicle arrived!

DSC04483.JPG

DSC04489.JPG

DSC04494.JPG

DSC04525.JPG

DSC04538.JPG

The first pic with it lurking in the background looks like the back up car in a Top Gear challenge episode. 

Posted

Not to complain, but there isn't much coverage here of Nash/Hudson/AMC Metropolitans built 1954-1962. I had one of these built-in-England 1962 models 50 years ago. Any detective work on Princess Margaret's Metro (still titled...or made into tuna cans)? Link to article, a photo, and a quote enclosed.

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/the-royal-runabout-mystery/  "Princess Margaret loved her little Met and drove it often, catching the attention of the press, and local hooligans as well. Four youths stole the car one day and took it for a joyride. When the London Daily Express heard what had happened, they duly reported that the Princess’ “royal runabout,” as they dubbed it, had been nicked by hoodlums. The car was eventually recovered, and one of the youths was caught. "Did the Queen stop Princess Margaret marrying Peter Townsend? - BBC News

 

image-20380.jpg

  • Confused 2
Posted

I have some problems with the stolen car story... _ _ _ _ _Last surviving 'Wizard of Oz,' munchkin Jerry Maren dies

> First, have you ever seen the back seat of a Met? I had mine a week before I discovered there was one. The 4 thieves would have to be Munchkins.
> Second, a gang of hooligans sets out to steal a car from the royal family, and this is all they got? Not a Jag, Daimler or Roller?

Posted
8 hours ago, 62 Austin said:

Not to complain, but there isn't much coverage here of Nash/Hudson/AMC Metropolitans built 1954-1962. I had one of these built-in-England 1962 models 50 years ago. Any detective work on Princess Margaret's Metro (still titled...or made into tuna cans)? Link to article, a photo, and a quote enclosed.

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/the-royal-runabout-mystery/  "Princess Margaret loved her little Met and drove it often, catching the attention of the press, and local hooligans as well. Four youths stole the car one day and took it for a joyride. When the London Daily Express heard what had happened, they duly reported that the Princess’ “royal runabout,” as they dubbed it, had been nicked by hoodlums. The car was eventually recovered, and one of the youths was caught. "Did the Queen stop Princess Margaret marrying Peter Townsend? - BBC News

 

image-20380.jpg

You what mate?

Posted

I missed that Murena, did it raffle already? 

Posted
11 hours ago, 62 Austin said:

Not to complain, but there isn't much coverage here of Nash/Hudson/AMC Metropolitans built 1954-1962. I had one of these built-in-England 1962 models 50 years ago. Any detective work on Princess Margaret's Metro (still titled...or made into tuna cans)? Link to article, a photo, and a quote enclosed.

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/the-royal-runabout-mystery/  "Princess Margaret loved her little Met and drove it often, catching the attention of the press, and local hooligans as well. Four youths stole the car one day and took it for a joyride. When the London Daily Express heard what had happened, they duly reported that the Princess’ “royal runabout,” as they dubbed it, had been nicked by hoodlums. The car was eventually recovered, and one of the youths was caught. "Did the Queen stop Princess Margaret marrying Peter Townsend? - BBC News

 

image-20380.jpg

Links to your dealer? Some good shit he must be selling🤣 

Posted
On 13/09/2026 at 08:07, Fabergé Greggs said:

I missed that Murena, did it raffle already? 

The Matra Bagheera?

Still got it, it's in the currently not running corner of the yard at the moment.

Posted

Yard is starting to fill up but will have 10 cars away in the next few weeks.

Still got a fair few things lined up.

Picked up a Chevettes this week.

IMG_20260914_123342165_HDR.jpg

IMG_20260914_123312022_HDR.jpg

IMG_20260912_164213719_HDR.jpg

Posted
1 hour ago, RetroShite said:

Yard is starting to fill up but will have 10 cars away in the next few weeks.

Still got a fair few things lined up.

Picked up a Chevettes this week.

IMG_20260914_123342165_HDR.jpg

IMG_20260914_123312022_HDR.jpg

IMG_20260912_164213719_HDR.jpg

What's got the quads, Laurel?

Posted
7 hours ago, Pieman said:

Ford Fairlane.

Gutted not to win the Thunderbird last night especially as Child Bride had blessed the transaction :-( 
She's liking the Baghera if it gets up and running - one of the Top Trumps from our childhoods. Meantime,  I'm going to buy a ticket for the Fairline in the meantime - if we win I'll gaslight her into thinking that it's the Thunderbird four door?

Posted
13 hours ago, Dan302 said:

Can't wait to win that chevette looks lovely 😍 

I've got unfinished business with Chevette saloons...

Posted

P100 Oof. Acclaim in best colour, can't recall the name, think it ends aine - Mazda looks great too

Posted

Overflowing with stuff at the moment!

Added a bunch of stuff to the website over the last couple of days and currently have 21 vehicles live on the site with multiple vehicles going each week for September and October.

ContactSheet-001.png

Posted

This has got to be one of the nicest out there although with the sudden influx of "how much is the lorry?" comments on Facebook I'm starting to regret putting it on so soon.

DSC06645.JPG

DSC06652.JPG

DSC06673.JPG

DSC06682.JPG

DSC06683.JPG

DSC06684.JPG

DSC06685.JPG

DSC06686.JPG

DSC06688.JPG

DSC06707.JPG

Posted
26 minutes ago, RetroShite said:

This has got to be one of the nicest out there although with the sudden influx of "how much is the lorry?" comments on Facebook I'm starting to regret putting it on so soon.

DSC06645.JPG

DSC06652.JPG

DSC06673.JPG

DSC06682.JPG

DSC06683.JPG

DSC06684.JPG

DSC06685.JPG

DSC06686.JPG

DSC06688.JPG

DSC06707.JPG

That's absolutely mint! 

  • Agree 3
Posted

Every month I decide I'm going to be more fiscally responsible. Every week I get another email from Retroshite.

They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather - Find & Share on GIPHY

I'd unsubscribe, but then I wouldn't be the type of person who hangs out on Autoshite.

Posted

I usually get one or two tickets a week, better odds than the lottery plus I always look forward to seeing the latest chod I could win!

Posted

Work has begun in the yard with a new wall being built and a concrete pad for taking photos in.

I took the Hilux out yesterday to get some pics and thought I'd try the new wall, happy enough with the progress.

DSC06998.jpg

DSC06977.jpg

DSC06968.jpg

DSC06947.jpg

DSC06939.jpg

DSC06893.jpg

DSC06881.jpg

Posted
5 hours ago, Dan302 said:

I usually get one or two tickets a week, better odds than the lottery plus I always look forward to seeing the latest chod I could win!

Yes, if Retroshite sells 3000 tickets to any given vehicle then you'd need 50 of them to have the same chance as one number in an AS roffle. So I think I'd bankrupt myself if I played it to have a good chance of winning, and nowadays I just buy a couple of tickets at a time. There are so many cars passing through that there's always something to dream about, and as you say it's loads better odds than the lottery. 

  • Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...