EightMegs Posted September 11 Posted September 11 4 hours ago, RetroShite said: Yes, I plan on keeping it indefinitely. I suppose I'm going to have to keep gawking jealously then🤣 I'm back in Ireland for a few days to see family and unfortunately the price has skyrocketed over here for them, as is fairly typical for old Toyotas I suppose. I came across a (very rough admittedly) KE30 for €250 in 2017 but my father talked me out of buying it and I've been kicking myself ever since because they started getting more and more desirable in the scene after that. It's a shame that one wasn't registered 40 plates earlier because it could've had KE55 in the middle. High Jetter 1
junkyarddog Posted September 11 Posted September 11 7 hours ago, EightMegs said: I suppose I'm going to have to keep gawking jealously then🤣 I'm back in Ireland for a few days to see family and unfortunately the price has skyrocketed over here for them, as is fairly typical for old Toyotas I suppose. I came across a (very rough admittedly) KE30 for €250 in 2017 but my father talked me out of buying it and I've been kicking myself ever since because they started getting more and more desirable in the scene after that. It's a shame that one wasn't registered 40 plates earlier because it could've had KE55 in the middle. That's a ridiculous price for that thing. Half that price is still too much! mk2_craig, EightMegs and Shite Ron 3
chancer Posted September 12 Posted September 12 On 08/09/2026 at 21:17, RetroShite said: Won the X19 on eBay recently, seller said he liked doing them up but only cosmetically and has painted just about every fucking surface inside and out with a paint brush including the seats. I spent this summer watching on in awe as a neighbour painted this with a roller and gloss paint. It looked amazing from the bottom of the street 😂 yes oui si and Matty 2
Metal Guru Posted September 12 Posted September 12 On 27/08/2026 at 18:46, RetroShite said: Another quality vehicle arrived! The first pic with it lurking in the background looks like the back up car in a Top Gear challenge episode.
RetroShite Posted September 12 Posted September 12 Some recent arrivals just added to the site! Dan302, Somerset Suffolk, yes oui si and 7 others 10
62 Austin Posted September 12 Posted September 12 Not to complain, but there isn't much coverage here of Nash/Hudson/AMC Metropolitans built 1954-1962. I had one of these built-in-England 1962 models 50 years ago. Any detective work on Princess Margaret's Metro (still titled...or made into tuna cans)? Link to article, a photo, and a quote enclosed. https://www.hemmings.com/stories/the-royal-runabout-mystery/ "Princess Margaret loved her little Met and drove it often, catching the attention of the press, and local hooligans as well. Four youths stole the car one day and took it for a joyride. When the London Daily Express heard what had happened, they duly reported that the Princess’ “royal runabout,” as they dubbed it, had been nicked by hoodlums. The car was eventually recovered, and one of the youths was caught. " High Jetter and chancer 2
62 Austin Posted September 13 Posted September 13 I have some problems with the stolen car story... _ _ _ _ _ > First, have you ever seen the back seat of a Met? I had mine a week before I discovered there was one. The 4 thieves would have to be Munchkins. > Second, a gang of hooligans sets out to steal a car from the royal family, and this is all they got? Not a Jag, Daimler or Roller?
RetroShite Posted September 13 Posted September 13 8 hours ago, 62 Austin said: Not to complain, but there isn't much coverage here of Nash/Hudson/AMC Metropolitans built 1954-1962. I had one of these built-in-England 1962 models 50 years ago. Any detective work on Princess Margaret's Metro (still titled...or made into tuna cans)? Link to article, a photo, and a quote enclosed. https://www.hemmings.com/stories/the-royal-runabout-mystery/ "Princess Margaret loved her little Met and drove it often, catching the attention of the press, and local hooligans as well. Four youths stole the car one day and took it for a joyride. When the London Daily Express heard what had happened, they duly reported that the Princess’ “royal runabout,” as they dubbed it, had been nicked by hoodlums. The car was eventually recovered, and one of the youths was caught. " You what mate? yes oui si 1
chancer Posted September 13 Posted September 13 11 hours ago, 62 Austin said: Not to complain, but there isn't much coverage here of Nash/Hudson/AMC Metropolitans built 1954-1962. I had one of these built-in-England 1962 models 50 years ago. Any detective work on Princess Margaret's Metro (still titled...or made into tuna cans)? Link to article, a photo, and a quote enclosed. https://www.hemmings.com/stories/the-royal-runabout-mystery/ "Princess Margaret loved her little Met and drove it often, catching the attention of the press, and local hooligans as well. Four youths stole the car one day and took it for a joyride. When the London Daily Express heard what had happened, they duly reported that the Princess’ “royal runabout,” as they dubbed it, had been nicked by hoodlums. The car was eventually recovered, and one of the youths was caught. " Links to your dealer? Some good shit he must be selling🤣 Dj_efk 1
RetroShite Posted September 14 Posted September 14 On 13/09/2026 at 08:07, Fabergé Greggs said: I missed that Murena, did it raffle already? The Matra Bagheera? Still got it, it's in the currently not running corner of the yard at the moment.
RetroShite Posted September 14 Posted September 14 Yard is starting to fill up but will have 10 cars away in the next few weeks. Still got a fair few things lined up. Picked up a Chevettes this week. Steviemillar, Shite Ron, Drive and 5 others 7 1
Dan302 Posted September 14 Posted September 14 Can't wait to win that chevette looks lovely 😍 yes oui si 1
High Jetter Posted September 14 Posted September 14 1 hour ago, RetroShite said: Yard is starting to fill up but will have 10 cars away in the next few weeks. Still got a fair few things lined up. Picked up a Chevettes this week. What's got the quads, Laurel?
EyesWeldedShut Posted September 15 Posted September 15 7 hours ago, Pieman said: Ford Fairlane. Gutted not to win the Thunderbird last night especially as Child Bride had blessed the transaction She's liking the Baghera if it gets up and running - one of the Top Trumps from our childhoods. Meantime, I'm going to buy a ticket for the Fairline in the meantime - if we win I'll gaslight her into thinking that it's the Thunderbird four door?
yes oui si Posted September 15 Posted September 15 13 hours ago, Dan302 said: Can't wait to win that chevette looks lovely 😍 I've got unfinished business with Chevette saloons... Dan302 1
RetroShite Posted September 19 Posted September 19 Some recent arrivals and auction wins! Dirk Diggler, Zie, Dan302 and 3 others 5 1
angle Posted September 19 Posted September 19 That Saab is gorgeous. Westbay, yes oui si and Dan302 3
High Jetter Posted September 19 Posted September 19 P100 Oof. Acclaim in best colour, can't recall the name, think it ends aine - Mazda looks great too
RetroShite Posted September 20 Posted September 20 Brown Turbo brick! Zie, yes oui si, Westbay and 4 others 7
RetroShite Posted September 25 Posted September 25 Overflowing with stuff at the moment! Added a bunch of stuff to the website over the last couple of days and currently have 21 vehicles live on the site with multiple vehicles going each week for September and October. colino, Saabnut, Dan302 and 4 others 7
RetroShite Posted September 26 Posted September 26 This has got to be one of the nicest out there although with the sudden influx of "how much is the lorry?" comments on Facebook I'm starting to regret putting it on so soon. Dan302, Tickman, Coprolalia and 3 others 6
Dan302 Posted September 26 Posted September 26 26 minutes ago, RetroShite said: This has got to be one of the nicest out there although with the sudden influx of "how much is the lorry?" comments on Facebook I'm starting to regret putting it on so soon. That's absolutely mint! High Jetter, yes oui si and Westbay 3
Merryck Posted Friday at 07:18 Posted Friday at 07:18 Every month I decide I'm going to be more fiscally responsible. Every week I get another email from Retroshite. I'd unsubscribe, but then I wouldn't be the type of person who hangs out on Autoshite. yes oui si, grogee, Westbay and 1 other 4
Dan302 Posted Friday at 07:40 Posted Friday at 07:40 I usually get one or two tickets a week, better odds than the lottery plus I always look forward to seeing the latest chod I could win! yes oui si 1
RetroShite Posted Friday at 12:53 Posted Friday at 12:53 Work has begun in the yard with a new wall being built and a concrete pad for taking photos in. I took the Hilux out yesterday to get some pics and thought I'd try the new wall, happy enough with the progress. yes oui si, Tickman, Stinkwheel and 7 others 10
Mr Livered Posted Friday at 13:43 Posted Friday at 13:43 5 hours ago, Dan302 said: I usually get one or two tickets a week, better odds than the lottery plus I always look forward to seeing the latest chod I could win! Yes, if Retroshite sells 3000 tickets to any given vehicle then you'd need 50 of them to have the same chance as one number in an AS roffle. So I think I'd bankrupt myself if I played it to have a good chance of winning, and nowadays I just buy a couple of tickets at a time. There are so many cars passing through that there's always something to dream about, and as you say it's loads better odds than the lottery. Stinkwheel and Dan302 2
RetroShite Posted Saturday at 12:37 Posted Saturday at 12:37 Beige Granny! Yes please! yes oui si, High Jetter, Dan302 and 6 others 9
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now