What will the Supershite of the future be? Next Avantime.

NorfolkNWeigh

Kia Optima?  Apparently rather good, they're everywhere in the USA but seem to have flopped over here, I don't recall ever seeing one on the road.  Odd, as the Hyundai i40 version seems to be doing better but it's the same car.

And what about the Nissan QX? This 2.0 V6 will get you to 60 in 14.1 seconds on the way to a top speed of 114mph. Take that, Fritz!

attachicon.gifmedia.jpg

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201403132479730/sort/default/usedcars/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/make/nissan/model/qx/radius/1500/postcode/ne380qj/page/1?logcode=p

That is forgotten shite. I like them, but they're always driven by millitant school run mums...or at least they used to be.

In terms of future Ultrashite, a Hyundai Sonata has to be up there, along with the Chevrolet Epica.

Kia Optima?  Apparently rather good, they're everywhere in the USA but seem to have flopped over here, I don't recall ever seeing one on the road.  Odd, as the Hyundai i40 version seems to be doing better but it's the same car.

Can't quite understand Optimas failure either** (Hyundai sizeist policy?) **, its a lovely car let down by the frankly hideous wheels, there's two sets go on it, one isn't too bad but the most popular model gets something that Halfords could only have sold at less than half price to 17 year olds, i suspect Optima is why Magentis values haven't risen like Sonata, no reflected kudos.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2012-KIA-OPTIMA-1-7-CRDi-3-4dr-/181517167937?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2a43442d41 

look at the wheels on that, bloody awful, don't look too hard your eyes'll bleed.

**a bit like Lexus being the required brand for the larger saloon, and Camry being quietly dropped from Toyotas UK line up?

• Like 1

There's a (silver, predictably) Optima round here, which I see quite often; also a Magentis and an XG30.

Are you sitting down?

There's an Epica on the Cannock cab rank.  We are truly blessed...

You can get a soft top murano in the states i shit you not .

The other one similar to the murano is the original Mazda cx-7, which original only came with a super gutsy 2.3 turbo pez engine so no one bought them.

There was one parked up outside my work last week.   For a brief moment I really regretted not having a smart phone as I couldn't get a picture of it's full amazeballsness for the autoshite massive.   It actually didn't look that bad parked in a US city as there is plenty of other awful stuff kicking around.

There was one parked up outside my work last week.   For a brief moment I really regretted not having a smart phone as I couldn't get a picture of it's full amazeballsness for the autoshite massive.   It actually didn't look that bad parked in a US city as there is plenty of other awful stuff kicking around.

Very true, hence Optimas, not bad looking cars for moderns in my opinion, look exceptionally slick and stylish among some of the truly hideous things that pass muster over there.  

There seems to be a particular fad at the moment for fitting carriage roof' kits: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-14-CADILLAC-XTS-CARRIAGE-ROOF-TREATMENT-KIT-ADD-CLASS-TO-YOUR-CAR-/261342657048 which does not help the cosmetically challenged models to look any better.

I have seen a couple of those Saabillacs as taxis somewhere recently, Diseasels presumably.

I was thinking about this thread whilst stuck in central London traffic yesterday. The hold up was caused by a Maserati Quattroporte that had conked out whilst turning right.

So, Maserati Supershite?

post-17481-0-29106200-1412625307_thumb.png

or maybe one of these final SaaBs? (the big one that finished the company off)

post-17481-0-06114600-1412625272_thumb.png

Subaru Tribeca, as rare as an Avantime but probably easier to live with?

post-17481-0-28376300-1412625293_thumb.png

Chevrolet Epica, but only in transverse straight six petrol form.

post-17481-0-86411600-1412625438_thumb.png

There's TWO Epica taxis that I've seen in Portsmouth. 2 of the big fleet companies are shifting en-masse (they have literally hundreds of private hire cars between them) from Octavias to i40s now.

Edit. Just been to pick up my missus from the station, and lucked into a plated Dodge Caliber as well, that can go on the list!

I do like the Optima. Sadly, we don't get the 275bhp petrol Turbo that the yanks have and only get a 1.7 diesel. So fuck that.

The new Maserati Ghibli has the looks of solid gold future shite to me, their attempt to rival the 5-series and XF, yet manages to feel not quite as special as it should be whilst inevitably being imbued with the reliability concerns Italian cars are inbuilt with:

2014-maserati-ghibli-front-left-view.jpg

It's no BiTurbo 425i, sadly, but the shiters of 2035 will be queuing up to get one of these for a couple of thousand futuredollars.

Actually really like the Kia Optima. Looking forward to them reaching shed money.

Aren't they the same as an i40 underneath? Guy in work has one, really rates it.

Those Optima's are too good to be future shite.

The Suzuki Kizashi however. Only sold with a 2.4 pez engine and 4wd ensures crippling fuel economy and car tax that'd give you a nose bleed.

$_12.JPG

I had a Hyundai last week in Californialand that was so totally memorable that I just had to look at the Hertz receipt to find out what it was: an Elantra. Which is apparently nearly the same as an i30 but not quite. It featured a gutless 4-pot engine and a tedious lack of go.  I drove it so much that it cost me a full $7.50 to refill the tank.  The one I had from the same place last time was waaaay better - a Dodge Charger.

Those Optima's are too good to be future shite.

The Suzuki Kizashi however. Only sold with a 2.4 pez engine and 4wd ensures crippling fuel economy and car tax that'd give you a nose bleed.

The Kizashi is probably going to be the next Sao Penza/Seat Malaga in that the tiny amount they've sold (less than 1000 according to How Many Lies https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=kizashi) will gradually disappear until one day someone says "you know, I haven't seen one in a while" and it turns out the last one got turned into washing machines 3 years previously.

I think I've seen one in total and had to look at the boot badge to find out what it was.  I believe that most of the rest were registered to the dealers trying unsuccessfully to sell them.  Ã‚£23,000 new, CVT auto only, 4x4 only, high CO2, saloon only, thirsty - not one of Suzuki's best ideas really.