Eye-catching black and whites

forddeliveryboy

1 hour ago, Spottedlaurel said:

Found this nice shot on KAP Motor Group's site:

about-us-text-image.jpg.449505b6b40555a1593a6f1081f5f4e9.jpg

Doesn't immediately look like their old Folkestone premises on Cheriton High Street, possibly Ashford?

Not sure where they started, anyone remember Tenconi panels about that time? I think there was Kent & Sussex Auto Panels too, maybe Jerry Whatley

18 hours ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

Traffic outside Oslo Norway 1960

Screenshot2023-12-1821_23_31.thumb.png.dcebae8187c41301f8b8674e5887f64c.png

Did anyone else notice the special grill on that Mercedes? This is quite unusual and I have never seen anything like it.  

Screenshot2023-12-1915_28_14.thumb.png.7ebd1b16976862a219460a44e406cad9.png

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, martc said:

image.thumb.png.4d822c59c6634288becf9b6273f2b9bf.png

It is illegal to drive a Renault 6 taxi in Italy. Fact*.

* not a fact.

It's all part of the Carabinieri looking for Charlie Croker, 3 Minis and a ton of gold.
Mister Hair on the Collar with the Italian sten gun there is actually taking partial cover behind the three previously mentioned items secreted in a bus*.

*OK so not that exact bus 

p.s. is that a radiator shroud on the bus?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, EyesWeldedShut said:

p.s. is that a radiator shroud on the bus?

There is a bleak feel about the weather so a shroud could be needed. I think there's possibly two sheets, the back one appears to be press studded below the windscreen and incorporates the FIAT badge, cleverly replaced by an Italian flag. The square front sheet looks like it is an adjustable shroud. 

Or, as it's a black and white photo it's hard to tell, but  the front sheet could be brightly coloured to make the, presumably camouflaged, coach stand out or is it a warning flag? The back sheet being a means of supporting the 'warning flag'.

1 hour ago, martc said:

There is a bleak feel about the weather so a shroud could be needed. I think there's possibly two sheets, the back one appears to be press studded below the windscreen and incorporates the FIAT badge, cleverly replaced by an Italian flag. The square front sheet looks like it is an adjustable shroud. 

Or, as it's a black and white photo it's hard to tell, but  the front sheet could be brightly coloured to make the, presumably camouflaged, coach stand out or is it a warning flag? The back sheet being a means of supporting the 'warning flag'.

Googlefoo says Fiat 682 lorry (which makes my Italian Job joke even weaker :-) ) it seems to come with a snazzy chrome trim around the front - these fellas have some canvas thing tied on there, like you say.
Carabinieri have some some interesting vehicles as they tend to go overseas and perform UN duties for Italy - they have a lot of Land Rovers for some reason.