Tagora SX - Restoration

TagoraSX

Nice job, you are about to beat the twin brothers near Reims in doing the most perfect SX restauration!

http://13071510solara.vraiforum.com/t3597-Restauration-de-la-tagora-SX-rouge-syracuse-de-83.htm

Reading all 49 pages of this is well worth the time spent, if you cant read french, the pictures tell the story.

P.S. i never found the right shade of gold for my golden GLS, there probably is no such thing. Talbot mixed it different for every car they made.

Nice job, you are about to beat the twin brothers near Reims in doing the most perfect SX restauration!

P.S. i never found the right shade of gold for my golden GLS, there probably is no such thing. Talbot mixed it different for every car they made.

Thanks, I don't think I will be beating those two!

You are correct on the paint, they counted at least 5 different shades on the car......

This is excelent work TGSX. Hats Off 8) 8)

I also can't get over how clean and organised that workshop in the french thread is...MINDBLOWING. One can only dream...

• 1 month later...

Looks great. What are your plans for wheels and tyres ? If I remember rightly this model has those attractive and very distinctive wheels (as in your pics) that are unfortunately metric and the tyres are unobtainable.

The 210/65 R365's are no longer available, although you can fit 220/55's.

The wheels are such a part of the car it would be a shame not to have them I'm going to get these wheels refurbished and fitted with a set of NOS 210's for show purposes.

The plan is to find a set of 505 GTI alloys for everyday use.

It was transferred to TAG by the previous owner. He never got around to putting the plates on as he stopped using the car soon after.

Ah, fair dinkum. A set DMB Graphics number plates would really finish the resto off. I wonder I feel they could recreate the JOU Serck front plate style using the new TAG registration? I get the impression that they can match most designs...

More info on this thread from a couple of ears back:

http://autoshite.com/topic/14202-best-place-for-old-style-number-plates/page-2

The 210/65 R365's are no longer available, although you can fit 220/55's.

The wheels are such a part of the car it would be a shame not to have them I'm going to get these wheels refurbished and fitted with a set of NOS 210's for show purposes.

The plan is to find a set of 505 GTI alloys for everyday use.

Leboncoin might be useful -

https://www.leboncoin.fr/annonces/offres/centre/occasions/?th=1&q=Peugeot%20505%20Jantes&parrot=0

• 5 months later...