so... did anyone see that car thing on channel 5?

michael1703

The comments are class. Here's a sample.

To the people complaining that this is the worst car show on TV - get a grip... This is far worse. It is the worst TV show of any kind, ever made, ever. I haven't watched Channel 5 for years, this has reminded me why. During next week's episode I think I'll book myself in for some unanaesthatised eye surgery, should be far more enjoyable.

It's amazing how Bernie's banging on about how rotten it is, yet you don't see them doing any welding. Nice of channel5 to also be incompetent at setting up their online player as well, when I watched them the 2nd and 3rd episode didn't have any adverts :D

Or download Adblock Plus and never see a single ad in a video again

It's amazing how Bernie's banging on about how rotten it is, yet you don't see them doing any welding. Nice of channel5 to also be incompetent at setting up their online player as well, when I watched them the 2nd and 3rd episode didn't have any adverts :D

Or download Adblock Plus and never see a single ad in a video again

The damage programmes like this do to the classic car restoration business is what the producers should be concered about. No way even stretching the imagination was the finished car the same car they started with. Funny how they not selling the cars at the end rather giving them away,! I wonder why???? The cars that Bernie did in his previouse London Chop Shop have either been scrapped cause they so unroad worthy or , in one case said vehicle has spend approx 6months being made roadworthy. I suspect the yellow car they rejected is the car they used. In the shot where Bernie goes back to get the parts, said car is seen in the background still with the cover off as they had left it. In other words he never went back at all, he just got the bits when he was there the first time!. Car crash tv but worth watching just to see what shite they come out with this time!

The damage programmes like this do to the classic car restoration business is what the producers should be concered about. No way even stretching the imagination was the finished car the same car they started with. Funny how they not selling the cars at the end rather giving them away,! I wonder why???? The cars that Bernie did in his previouse London Chop Shop have either been scrapped cause they so unroad worthy or , in one case said vehicle has spend approx 6months being made roadworthy. I suspect the yellow car they rejected is the car they used. In the shot where Bernie goes back to get the parts, said car is seen in the background still with the cover off as they had left it. In other words he never went back at all, he just got the bits when he was there the first time!. Car crash tv but worth watching just to see what shite they come out with this time!

If anything, this programme's getting worse. In a perverse way though, I'm actually enjoying it. It's actually quite fun looking for mistakes.

In the MGB episode we had:

- As others have said, clearly two, or maybe even three, cars involved during the 'restoration'.

- The orange bumper from the Porsche in the previous episode clearly visible in the workshop, thus completely disproving the case when it comes to the 'tight deadlines' that are supposedly a source of drama in the show. Each car was clearly not 'repaired' one at a time, as portrayed.

- Worse acting than from the judges on X Factor, with the supposed 'sacking' and various falling-outs.

- The authoritative voiceover told us that the MGB had 'aircraft strength' as it was one of the first monocoques.

- No technical detail whatsoever, apart from a dodgy looking repair to the suspension that (ahem) 'fell off'.

- The voicover told us that the MGB's leaf spring suspension was its 'secret weapon' in '60s rallying.

- A supposedly professional bodyshop stripping paint from a whole car with a grinder.

- In the E-type episode a sunroof was a value-boosting must-have item. In the MGB episode the sunroof had to be filled in as it 'may leak'.

In summary, come back Jason Dawe, all is forgiven. Please present this programme if Channel 5 commission another series.

If anything, this programme's getting worse. In a perverse way though, I'm actually enjoying it. It's actually quite fun looking for mistakes.

In the MGB episode we had:

- As others have said, clearly two, or maybe even three, cars involved during the 'restoration'.

- The orange bumper from the Porsche in the previous episode clearly visible in the workshop, thus completely disproving the case when it comes to the 'tight deadlines' that are supposedly a source of drama in the show. Each car was clearly not 'repaired' one at a time, as portrayed.

- Worse acting than from the judges on X Factor, with the supposed 'sacking' and various falling-outs.

- The authoritative voiceover told us that the MGB had 'aircraft strength' as it was one of the first monocoques.

- No technical detail whatsoever, apart from a dodgy looking repair to the suspension that (ahem) 'fell off'.

- The voicover told us that the MGB's leaf spring suspension was its 'secret weapon' in '60s rallying.

- A supposedly professional bodyshop stripping paint from a whole car with a grinder.

- In the E-type episode a sunroof was a value-boosting must-have item. In the MGB episode the sunroof had to be filled in as it 'may leak'.

In summary, come back Jason Dawe, all is forgiven. Please present this programme if Channel 5 commission another series.

There is a split second shot of the 911 still in grey in the background in the MGB episode. And a mini on a lift...

EDIT: Just watching the Jag one for the first time, just after the cockney storms out when the 'engine might be blown' the Jag drives past the MGBs back axle on the floor of the garage.

There is a split second shot of the 911 still in grey in the background in the MGB episode. And a mini on a lift...

EDIT: Just watching the Jag one for the first time, just after the cockney storms out when the 'engine might be blown' the Jag drives past the MGBs back axle on the floor of the garage.

Found this on Pistonheads.....

Just found this posted on the TV headed thread following the same arguements as this thread.

Proves the point but raises more questions as well.

davamer23

27 posts

16 months

[report] [news] 15:07

Update on the MBG being 2 or even 3 different cars, I sent channel 5 questions which I don't have a copy of but along the lines of confirming if indeed the car was the same as the wreck "rescued " from the barn and about the validity of the 2 week restoration claim. This was the reply I recieved:

Dear David

Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding Classic Car Rescue.

While the production team were filming in Canada, the mechanics in London discovered some serious problems with the MGB, midway through the restoration, which meant they felt it might not be entirely safe to drive. Their original plan was to buy a new chassis, which is a common way that people restore MGBs (you can buy an entire new monocoque chassis for just £1000) and build on top of that. But wanting to stick with used parts, they bought another car and used the chassis from that, transferring much of the first MGB, right down to door-handles, and windows. The cost of the second car was included in the figures mentioned and the end result was a combination of the two.

The programme aims to show how Bernie Fineman and Mario Pacione cope with restoration jobs with a “tight deadline and an even tighter budget†in an entertaining fashion while also giving some background into why each selected model is held in the high regard that it is. It is not intended to, and does not claim to, demonstrate the detailed effort and finance that can go into the high end restoration of classic cars.

Nevertheless, this does not diminish the validity of your opinions and we are grateful to you for taking the time to make us aware of your concerns. Your comments have been logged in our Viewer Enquiries Report. This is circulated throughout the company and seen by all relevant personnel.

Thank you for your interest in Channel 5.

Yours sincerely

Ian

VIEWER ADVISOR

Found this on Pistonheads.....

Just found this posted on the TV headed thread following the same arguements as this thread.

Proves the point but raises more questions as well.

davamer23

27 posts

16 months

[report] [news] 15:07

Update on the MBG being 2 or even 3 different cars, I sent channel 5 questions which I don't have a copy of but along the lines of confirming if indeed the car was the same as the wreck "rescued " from the barn and about the validity of the 2 week restoration claim. This was the reply I recieved:

Dear David

Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding Classic Car Rescue.

While the production team were filming in Canada, the mechanics in London discovered some serious problems with the MGB, midway through the restoration, which meant they felt it might not be entirely safe to drive. Their original plan was to buy a new chassis, which is a common way that people restore MGBs (you can buy an entire new monocoque chassis for just £1000) and build on top of that. But wanting to stick with used parts, they bought another car and used the chassis from that, transferring much of the first MGB, right down to door-handles, and windows. The cost of the second car was included in the figures mentioned and the end result was a combination of the two.

The programme aims to show how Bernie Fineman and Mario Pacione cope with restoration jobs with a “tight deadline and an even tighter budget†in an entertaining fashion while also giving some background into why each selected model is held in the high regard that it is. It is not intended to, and does not claim to, demonstrate the detailed effort and finance that can go into the high end restoration of classic cars.

Nevertheless, this does not diminish the validity of your opinions and we are grateful to you for taking the time to make us aware of your concerns. Your comments have been logged in our Viewer Enquiries Report. This is circulated throughout the company and seen by all relevant personnel.

Thank you for your interest in Channel 5.

Yours sincerely

Ian

VIEWER ADVISOR

A new mgb shell for a bag of sand. Which planet does he live on.

he lives in TV land - and its like no other planet - cocaine and shampers flow freely and young girls giggle and fawn at your every word as the astronomical fees just keep rolling in...........................

he lives in TV land - and its like no other planet - cocaine and shampers flow freely and young girls giggle and fawn at your every word as the astronomical fees just keep rolling in...........................

Clearly different to the TV land I've encountered, where you shoot an entire piece for a client and then the budget gets 'lost'.

I don't want to work in TV - shooting with a 7D is about as far as I go.

Clearly different to the TV land I've encountered, where you shoot an entire piece for a client and then the budget gets 'lost'.

I don't want to work in TV - shooting with a 7D is about as far as I go.