Spottings from the vegvan

ypsilandra

Yep love the Cortina in the same colour (Nevada Beige) as the Cortina MKIV Roy Galloway (John Salthouse) drove in early episodes of The Bill (but his didn't have a vinyl roof). Roy Galloway I think is one of the best TV cops of all time but he never gets a mention and is largely forgotten.

Was the Cortina driven by an older person that looked like 'he'd had it from new'?

Yep love the Cortina in the same colour (Nevada Beige) as the Cortina MKIV Roy Galloway (John Salthouse) drove in early episodes of The Bill (but his didn't have a vinyl roof). Roy Galloway I think is one of the best TV cops of all time but he never gets a mention and is largely forgotten.

Was the Cortina driven by an older person that looked like 'he'd had it from new'?

Nope, it was a bloke in his 40's, the Tina might have been out for a post-op run from the Classic Car garage that's on this road. It often has a Rolls and a couple of nice Mercs in its yard. You can see their building just infront of the Iveco Daily on the left.

Is that little scrapyard still going, almost opposite Bebb's garage?
Do you mean the yard on the other side of the crossroads. It's owned by a crane hire company that look like they've been there forever. Some of the cranes are pretty old and there's also a Rover P6 parked amongst them.

Is this possibly the most 'shite' one photo can be? It has all the necessary ingredients, old Dutch chod, a slightly run down 1930's palace and Stafford BC wheelie bins.

The old lady that lives here obviously has a thing for red 340's, she has 3. Unfortunately, she was out in one of them today, so just this duo for now.

86/]8098165286_c3ea009588_z.jpg

Twas a veritable shower of shite in Wolvo and the west side Brum today. This brings back memories, I used to regularly borrow one of these to go and buy my bosses' sandwiches back in the early 90's. The company I worked for had a fleet of all white Fords (and 1 red Cavalier) from base Sierras to the MD's Scorpio. They were all London-area reg, so this may even be one of them:

8116928983_6d60d8ec73_z.jpg[/url]

8116936690_ba3b643b8a_z.jpg[/url]

Is that little scrapyard still going, almost opposite Bebb's garage?
Do you mean the yard on the other side of the crossroads. It's owned by a crane hire company that look like they've been there forever. Some of the cranes are pretty old and there's also a Rover P6 parked amongst them.

That's Tomlins I think, or something like that. They had some right old rammel in their yard at one time. The scrapyard may have been a little bit further on (towards Welshpool), there was an old white building that was a garage at the front I think, and there was a fence round it which housed a small scrapyard at the back.

That whole road (A548) used to hide all manner of old/interesting stuff on it or the turn offs: the garage nearest Shrewsbury was (is?) Charles Lewis's and they used to have a few Invacars in there. Further out you could turn off to Swain's old haulage yard and there's a few interesting old trucks/truck places down that lane and between there and Minsterley.

I wonder how many times a minute that guy has people saying 'nice Cortina mate' whilst pointing at RUY464F. If it's not at least 25 times a day I'll eat Seth's hat

Do you know, because of the other photo with the Cortina and Corsair I had automatically assumed it was a Mk2 Cortina when glancing over the photos. Never noticed the similarity before. It was not until I read Barretts comment that I looked at it properly.

OMG ALL OLD CARS R BLAND AND L@@K THE SAME!

• 4 months later...

The Corsair's now for sale if anyone's interested

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-CONSUL-CORSAIR-D-L-GREEN-/190809991355?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2c6d2968bb

And finally for tonight, I nearly dropped my pasty when I turned a corner in Perry Barr to be greeted by this sight:

8116934596_d095e0c368_z.jpg

and behind them, this delight:

8116926647_1396b90921_z.jpg

Anyone on here?

• 2 years later...

Afternoon all. It's been a while so here are a couple of corkers for you:

First up a Subaru XT Turbo, spotted near Broseley in Shropshire. I had a long chat with the owner, who has another one and impressed that I actually knew what he was driving.  Sounded amazing.

photo-5_zpsng6qszfe.jpg

Meanwhile, last Friday I did a spot on this. It's for sale in Shrewsbury, I couldn't get any closer as I was already holding up the traffic. If anyone's interested let me know and I'll either tell you exactly where it is or stop by next week and note down the phone number.  The private plate's not included.

IMG_0469_zps7ygihtjj.jpg

I feel a bit more spottage coming on.....