Split_Pin

Shite in Miniature II

I saw some Majorette cars in Poundworld yesterday,they were older releases but still worth a look.I also noticed that Tesco have reduced the price of their Majorettes to £1.50,there were only about 3 cars on the shelf though  :-(

I'm currently bidding on a AutoArt RX8 on ebay, hopefully today I am more successful than last week!

What scale?,one of the sellers at the car boot I go to has has a 1/64 version for a couple of weeks now.

post-4819-0-81322700-1462204796_thumb.jpg

It was sunny out yesterday so I thought I'd take the MGF out.

post-4819-0-50475400-1462204824_thumb.jpg

Not really a classic model, one of the splurge of 1:18 Corgi models brought out during the late '80s. Looks good if you squint, though, and look past the undersized wheels / balloon profile tyres and crude front and rear lights.

But then, MGF owners ain't spoilt for choice.

Ive got that in graphite, for what it is, I love it. I have the 'executive' wooden plinth too.

Re majorette cars, I saw the new lower price and bought a Megane just to compare with the older ones I had as a kid. As expected it took a bit of difficulty getting it through the checkout.

Another Minix restoration, the Simca 1300. This is a later one so it had an interior (LHD) but also had those ghastly flat black discs that passed for wheels - the new wheels are from a Cararama Mini. It was inspired by Gary Cox's, although his is a 1301 with different rearlights - close enough though.

post-5267-0-39687000-1462302217_thumb.jpg

post-5267-0-27681700-1462302218_thumb.jpg

post-5267-0-19974000-1462302219_thumb.jpg

What scale?,one of the sellers at the car boot I go to has has a 1/64 version for a couple of weeks now.

Any scale will do, still interested in any. Did win that one mind, it was 1/43 scale so quite happy with it!

Any scale will do, still interested in any. Did win that one mind, it was 1/43 scale so quite happy with it!

I'll see if he's still got it on Sunday,how much did you want to pay?

Long shot I know, but does anyone out there mess about with Vanguards models and have any spare sets of wheels?

Was cleaning all the 43rd scale models in the display cabinet and discovered the minilites on the front of the pink 'boy racer' mk2 cortina were at odd angles. Then I found the wheels had disintegrated! The spokes had come away from the rims and there is no way they'll stick back together. I was going to maybe break this one for spares and look for another mint boxed example ( I have the entire boy racer collection, so need the cortina to make up the set) but haven't found one online for less than £35, so the one Ive got will have to be repaired for now.

So on the off chance someone has a pair of the vanguards type minilites, or failing that, a full set of 70s Ford type wheels, 4 spoke, rostyles, dartboards, etc for sale, I'd be interested!

I'll see if he's still got it on Sunday,how much did you want to pay?

Well it's nearly pay day now so anything on the reasonable side around £15ish and hopefully below? Cheers!

Long shot I know, but does anyone out there mess about with Vanguards models and have any spare sets of wheels?

Was cleaning all the 43rd scale models in the display cabinet and discovered the minilites on the front of the pink 'boy racer' mk2 cortina were at odd angles. Then I found the wheels had disintegrated! The spokes had come away from the rims and there is no way they'll stick back together. I was going to maybe break this one for spares and look for another mint boxed example ( I have the entire boy racer collection, so need the cortina to make up the set) but haven't found one online for less than £35, so the one Ive got will have to be repaired for now.

So on the off chance someone has a pair of the vanguards type minilites, or failing that, a full set of 70s Ford type wheels, 4 spoke, rostyles, dartboards, etc for sale, I'd be interested!

I would suggest checking the Bodyshell of the model for zinc pest as well, this particular issue of the Cortina is very prone to it. Just before you go spending any money on it, new models of this car are cheap. I have it in 'aquatic jade' and it doesn't appear to have any issues.