XG30

MrRegieRitmo

Hyundai XG30 (00-03)1. 3.0 V6 4d Auto 2. 2001/51 3. Average mileage: 70,000 miles No options selectedOriginal Priced £20,999 Independent Dealer £960Private Good £905Private Poor £705 Part Exchange £835

The answer is 'DISGUSTINGLY CHEAP'If you are fancying yourself a slice of Korean Luxo action, now is the hour!

Crikey, when I get the Cuore punted off I hope there's no XG30s for sale on the way to the bank. Ideally I'm waiting for them to go below £500, not long now!

Me too, I love em. I love the big chrome 'HYUNDAI' letters across the bootlid, it shows everyone you've arrived.I remember a pretty good article about them in CAR when they were current, explaining that it was one of those cars which was so uncool, it was actually very cool without realising it.Anyone got a picture of the dashboard of one?

Ha ha! Wondered when Bollox would turn up, I don't think there's been an XG30 thread without the Bollox/Hirst/Ratdat XG30 fanclub. I think this practice started about 3 years ago on RR or something. Quite depressing that none of us have managed to get one yet.

Here's your dashboard:

Posted Image

Looks alright to me, nice cream leather!

Wow, I'd love one for that money. And I'd take great delight in making 'friends' guess how much I'd paid for it after reeling off a list of equipment and statistics. "Electric heated leather seats, climate and an autochanger. Seven hundred quid mofo!"Seriously though, can't imagine cheaper pseudo-luxury motoring. A similar age galactic-traveller Mongdeo is still £1300 or so, Vectras about the same and more with sensible mileage.xg30.com is worth a read, some quality quotes there. Can't work out if he's reading straight from the press releases or if he's penned this himself....

Hyundai's thoughtfulness is well illustrated by the sun visor extension for extra protection on sunny days.

Rigorously engineered to satisfy the exacting demands of a true driving enthusiast, the XG30 is also eminently functional, equipped not just for the ultimate in convenience, but also supreme comfort and safety

XG30 sits alongside Honda Legend for me - I'd love one, but would only purchase one at the sort of money that, if something went wrong, I'd be prepared to throw it away at. Spend a grand and I'd feel any problems would have to be sorted, which then gets into a never-ending cycle, but get something with decent MoT and reasonable history for under £500 and it'd be worth a gamble.

I don't know, these quotes from the Yahoo Cars article seem to suggest the XG30 is a safe pair of hands!

Build quality is well up to top Japanese and European standards with tight-fitting panels, shiny paint and a well-finished interior.

There are a lot of electronics built into the XG30, so make sure when inspecting the car that you play with all the buttons, knobs and switches to make sure it all works. Otherwise there's not too much that goes wrong with the XG30.