Wheeler Dealers is back on tonight

trigger

Just a heads up to let you know a new series of Wheeler Dealers is back on tonight at 9pm on Discovery Real Time.

Tonight they buy a Lotus Elan, I know many of you dislike Mike Brewer but i still enjoy the show :D

stacks_image_1973_1.png

Fortunately, as I don't have Sky I can't watch this.

Actually, I don't mind it that much as long as you don't take it seriously. Interestingly, I see that Mike 'n' Edd are providing entertainment at the Classic Motor Show next month.

I agree it's only light hearted entertainment.

I'm planning on going to the motor show next month, Booked the Friday off work to go, The £25 ticket price each is a bit steep though.

Oooooh - who else is doing the NEC Classic?

I'll be there, hopefully with special accreditation. :shock:

I'll be there. Just booked my ticket for the Friday. Must say the advance booking offer is terribly generous. Save an entire £1 by booking in advance :roll:

I paid extra for the 'knowledge' pack for discovery only to find discovery real time isn't bloody included!

All the other discovery ones are but for some reason real time is in the 'style & culture' pack!!

Thought this was one of the better ones myself, but I've always had a soft spot for Bond Bugs,

Apparently they are doing a Volvo P1800 next week,

Apparently they are doing a Volvo P1800 next week.

Ah yes. The VOC got in a colossal tizzy over that one.

I don't really care why.

I'll be there. Just booked my ticket for the Friday. Must say the advance booking offer is terribly generous. Save an entire £1 by booking in advance :roll:

Oh bollocks Mr. L, I can't do Friday because of bloody University.

i have hotfile download links for the bond bug episode

PM me for the links :wink:

(i'd post them here, but it may cause problems for the forum)

Oh bollocks Mr. L, I can't do Friday because of bloody University.

Day off sick ? :D

Yeah, since when did you need to attend Uni's? I like the show too.

See that 'Brewer getting shot down in a helicopter' prog is also on soon.

I'll be there on the Friday, have also booked the day off work. Maybe we should have a mini-meet of some sort? Preferably on the Talbot stand.

I paid extra for the 'knowledge' pack for discovery only to find discovery real time isn't bloody included!

All the other discovery ones are but for some reason real time is in the 'style & culture' pack!!

DRT is full of day-time shit nowadays. Ah for the glory days of American HotRod Weekend! :)

It does look as though they’re doing the Volvo P1800 next week. I’ve seen that advert several times now, but I’ve also seen the one for the Lotus Elan...

Also on a Wheeler Dealers related note, I notice the black 1988 Mini they done (the one they wrapped in faux stick-on carbon fibre) has appeared on eBay. I would have put this in the ‘eBay Bargains’ section given it’s four figure price, but then again, a lot of old Mini’s seem to attract unrealistic sums these days :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1988-Carbon-Fibre ... 4cf25be09d

See that ‘Brewer getting shot down in a helicopter’ prog is also on soon.

Aye, I've seen that advertised a few times now. I'd love to know when it’s on so I can set the reminder on the sky box. I'd love to see that.

I lol'd at Mr China sitting in the Bond bug with one shoe off, one leg over the steering wheel, etc.

Still cringing over Mike Brewer and evaluation on buying car from seller "Ooh, there's a tiny scratch there, that's nasty, ooh, the bumper is a tiny bit loose there, that's not good (applies all weight to bumper, while seller looks on horrified)". :lol:

Would anyone here consider buying an ex Wheeler Dealer car?

if I didn't know better, I'd suggest that some are nobbled by the production team before being miraculously improved (the 500 imported from Italy, for example).

I'd have bought that but lots of the other cars are overpriced, superficially improved tat

Would anyone here consider buying an ex Wheeler Dealer car?

Yes.

I would love to buy the Mk1 Golf they done in the first series..reg is EDV 646Y iirc. Word is that Brewer himself still owns it or it's still connected with him through friends of his. I'm not sure if that story is completely true but those are the rumours....it's still coming up as SORN'ed on the DVLA database.

ive just watched the ovlov episode and the buyer (giving them a fake profit of 2.5K) seems vaguely familiar

im sure he was a buyer from a previous series

possibly the Fiat 500 buyer

anyone recognise him?

I just watched the one where they worked on a Lancia Delta. Mike Brewer makes himself out to be some fantastic 'watch me and learn' sales genius but quite frankly , I think his negotiating skills are crap.

In this instance, they made £700 profit on the car which when you consider the amount of time put in to doing the work by Ed (free of charge) would be pretty much fook all!

I do like the way Ed explains technical things quite simply so that no-hopers like me can almost understand!!

I just watched the one where they worked on a Lancia Delta. Mike Brewer makes himself out to be some fantastic 'watch me and learn' sales genius but quite frankly , I think his negotiating skills are crap.

In this instance, they made £700 profit on the car which when you consider the amount of time put in to doing the work by Ed (free of charge) would be pretty much fook all!

I do like the way Ed explains technical things quite simply so that no-hopers like me can almost understand!!

The thing that got me about that episode was how they appeared to have acquired a RHD Delta Integrale. How rare must they be?

I'll be there on the Friday, have also booked the day off work. Maybe we should have a mini-meet of some sort? Preferably on the Talbot stand.

Ah, I will defo be there cos the 1100 is on the Talbot/Simca stand this year. Actually , the only Talbot on there will be a Samba Cabriolet. The rest are a Simca 1300 Estate and some Simca race car thing and my one. Its because last year, we had nearly all Talbots (Alpine/Solara/Tagora).

Come and say hello....I'll be the 6ft 2 skinhead! :wink:

As regard to the rhd integrale they did - they were converted from new by Mike spence motorsport in the uk - if i can recall they had to use regatta twin cam steering racks as the closest thing to the lhd spec. The steering feel though never was quite as sharp with the conversion.

• 2 weeks later...

The new one is on tonight at 9pm on real time, they are working on Subaru WRX.

I enjoy watching Wheeler dealers, more now than a few series ago like the 205 gti one for instance :lol:

They seem much more pro these past two series or so and it does help now they have more equipment and knowledge. I think its good how they manage to make good money on these recent series then they ever did before.

I dont think it would have been going for so long without Mike, he is a good laugh from what iv heard from people that have met him.