Loopoo going to Car Take Back now

purplebargeken

Well, it’s scheduled to commence at about 4pm today…..

No idea what model of locomotive will occur. Poo count likely to be minimal.

Found a breaker of Loopoo cars in Crewe if needed at any point for bits.

Hope it passes the large feet/pedals interaction test…

• Like 3

On the train to Chester, ticket office closed… please obtain tickets at your destination, hmmm.

Started well, tripped stepping up a bloody kerb and fell ffs. Oww.

Poo count nil. No idea what flavour the pully bit of the train is. Weather report… sunny!

Landing at Crewe at 17.17hrs.

Poo count nil. Fall count 1

Weather is a little cloudy but still nice.

The female see it, say it announcer has a pleasant, light Welsh tint to her accent.

Nothing else to report.

Chester train station is a bit rubbish.

On the last leg of the collection journey. Just left Chester.

Poo count remains at zero. Wee count zero.

Fall count 1

Weather remains pleasant and Spring like. Nice.

Refreshment status: hydrated via Oasis Citrus Punch. Very refreshing.

Passenger cheerfulness rating a disappointing 5/10. Miserable bastards.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, purplebargeken said:

Chester train station is a bit rubbish.

Concurred. 

Lovely AS buying experience!

The to sort out list isn’t major and consists of:

Fit missing door check mechanisms, one is kindly supplied 😊

Replace the gear lever gaiter as worn

Replace the O/S door mirror

Replace the Ripspeed special window winder on the passenger side

Maybe do a clutch change at some point as it is a bit high and heavy, we shall see.

The EML is on and I knew this, could be EGR or, in conjunction with an intermittent EPC warning, could be a TPS issue.

Engine Power Control unit….

Anyway, it didn’t go into limp mode but trundled along quite nippily, so happy face.

Its a cute little buzzbox 😊😊😊

• purplebargeken changed the title to Loopoo Sorting

Hmmm, my usually fine scanner isn’t connecting to the car for some reason….

My daughters Lupo clutch always seemed a bit funny. So we got a new one fitted. Didn't make one bit of a difference. Not the best £350 we ever spent.

Release bearing is a bit noisy too. Will see what happens with these codes, an MOT and then consider the clutch situation.

DMF, prob not, it’s just a weeny 1.0 pezmobile lol.

According to the MOT manual:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/mot-inspection-manual-for-private-passenger-and-light-commercial-vehicles/8-nuisance#section-8-2-1-2

You need to inspect MIL fitted to:

- petrol vehicles including hybrids with 4 or more wheels, not more than 8 passenger seats in addition to the driver’s seat and first used on or after 1 July 2003

- petrol vehicles including hybrids with 4 or more wheels, more than 8 passenger seats in addition to the driver’s seat and first used on or after 1 July 2008

- gas and bi-fuel vehicles including hybrids with 4 or more wheels, not more than 8 passenger seats in addition to the driver’s seat and first used on or after 1 July 2008

So given the age, it shouldn't fail an MOT on that engine management light. The tester should know this but might need reminding of the section if they're not used to older cars. 

• Like 1

On 16/04/2024 at 20:13, purplebargeken said:

Maybe do a clutch change at some point as it is a bit high and heavy, we shall see.

They all do that

On 16/04/2024 at 20:13, purplebargeken said:

The EML is on and I knew this, could be EGR or, in conjunction with an intermittent EPC warning, could be a TPS issue.

They all do that too

Yours is possibly an early one like our auto, think it's OBD1 rather than OBD 2 - my scanner won't work either

• Like 1

Get yourself a cheap ebay KKL cable and a copy of VCDS Lite - that should provide all the diagnostics you'll ever need for one of those.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got the local bloke coming over tomorrow to read it. I strongly suspect egr.  Picking up a set of replacement seats for it on Thursday. 

Headlining is pretty skanky, cba emulating SiC’s good work, so may just hit it with a grey primer rattle can, might work, might not…

Oh for the days of proper vinyl headlinings… meh.

No idea when it last had a service, so will tackle that.

Debating getting the clutch sorted, noisy thrust bearing and the bite is a bit shite. 
Will wait and see what the code throws up first though and then lob it in for an early’ish MOT.

A bloke on the fb group has a set of window winders for me in the right colour to replace the nasty black alloy one on the passenger door and the tatty one on the drivers door. 

Also needs a passenger door check strap, there is a new drivers one in the boot, just needs fitting.  God knows why they were taken off.

New wiper blades ordered too.  Radio is ok but tape player if knackered, might have a replacement in the shed.
It’s nippy around town, comfy and finding a parking space for it is a breeze lol. Looks neat enough in metallic green.

• Like 3

Deffo EGR from proper scan.

Will get a price for that, early MOT and if ok, clutch.

19 hours ago, purplebargeken said:

Also needs a passenger door check strap, there is a new drivers one in the boot, just needs fitting.  God knows why they were taken

Another common problem, they get annoyingly clicky. Nice easy fix though. 

We also need new window winders, finding the correct grey is a nightmare! Some other VAG stuff fits as long as it's the spline/screw type not the more common clip on ones. Audi A2 and Seat Alhambra use the right type.

IMG-20240416-WA0002.jpg.66abd0a1c9656bc5a9a5158c2d58f4f3.jpg

If you find a decent source of used parts I'd be interested, mostly seems to be FB groups and people's reliably on there is mixed

The winder handles are annoying me, found a tidy pair via fb and another fb guy in Crewe with decent, unworn seats. 
Happy to let you know if I do find a decent supplier of bits.

How do the door check straps go on?

Now in the hands of the local garage. Let’s see how dreadful this might be lol.

MOT failed on poor handbrake adjustment, to be fair, the lever does come up to your ears. Rest is piddly advisories for slight corrosion on brake pipes, subframe and a teeny oil leak,  so actually quite happy with that. So EGR and clutch… as it really is quite shite.

• Like 2

Tried cleaning the egr? 

I cleaned the one on my silver laguna out and it was chock full of shit. Car ran a fuck ton better afterwards (although didn't cure it's ignition fault as that was the injectors. Made the car easier to drive around that though once cleaned as I could keep the revs lower without the car coughing until it warmed up and the fault didn't* occur anyway

*as often

It will just get replaced, no energy for faffing about with cleaning it out nowadays.

Am not unhappy about the fail list tbh. Rear brake pads sorted too.

IMG_2797.jpeg

IMG_2796.jpeg

• Like 3

21 hours ago, purplebargeken said:

How do the door check straps go on?

Take the door cards off, 10mm bolts IIRC

4 hours ago, purplebargeken said:

MOT failed on poor handbrake adjustment, to be fair, the lever does come up to your ears. 

Another common problem. Auto adjusters on the shoes don't, so take the drums off and carefully adjust them until they just drag. They also often need the cables adjusting behind the handbrake, easy to get to. However check carefully as the handbrake can pull the spotwelds out of the floor, in which case it will need either bolting or re-welding 

• Thanks 1