Failed attempts to crack the UK

sierraman

2 hours ago, sierraman said:

A handful were imported to the U.K. during the 70’s and converted to RHD. I have no idea if any survive, I would imagine crippling fuel economy and parts difficulties will have seen them off. Again could be wrong here but I think they had a chain drive across to the steering conversion. 

The same system was used in the USA to provide RHD vehicles for the postal services so they could access mail boxes from the pavement side. 

9 hours ago, Dobloseven said:

The same system was used in the USA to provide RHD vehicles for the postal services so they could access mail boxes from the pavement side. 

Some American police departments imported RHD Metropolitans so traffic officers could easily hand out tickets.

1 hour ago, motorpunk said:

Got a thread on it? It's just the kind of cool but dated, retro rubbish I would buy with my eyes shut.

Not a thread…. But I‘be mentioned it on here before. A variety of horrendous faults…. Oil cooler exploded, total electricity failure, fuel pump died, exhaust manifold would glow red hot for some reason, and a myriad of other glitches… finally sent it to auction, and a Norwegian bought it for good money….