Tagora-tastic!

boobydoo

Would love to post some pics but at the mo she's laid up in the garage waiting her turn for some tlc. If you go to the Motorbase site there is a picture of her. YHP 801X in all her lovely Tagoraness, and most definately not in Scotland any more !Hi Boobydoo, we met for a brief chat at the NEC, you should remember me as I guess not too many people said "Hi, I've got one of these !"

Hello & welcome - ooo a local Tagora???? Well as in the same county anyway :D Interesting marriage of sought after sporty Fords & a long forgotten & unloved Talbot! :shock::lol:

Oh my good lord, THREE Tagora owners on one thread!?!?!?!?! This is too much.How were you directed on here, wasn't Stewart in the burger van was it? EL

No, but I bought a sausage butty from him on Friday!!!It was my Lancia Montecarlo you spotted aswell...now that WAS a minter!! 19k from new...but had to sell it as I ran out of garage space!! :cry:

Thats the one ! I would dearly love to get it sorted as I've never even driven it :( But she'll just have to wait I'm afraid as she's second in line...... and the first in line has been waiting 6 years :roll: I didn't know you had another SX, whats the score with that one ???Could you ask David if he's found my wheel centres and air box cover yet LOL :?

Would love to post some pics but at the mo she's laid up in the garage waiting her turn for some tlc. If you go to the Motorbase site there is a picture of her. YHP 801X in all her lovely Tagoraness, and most definately not in Scotland any more !Hi Boobydoo, we met for a brief chat at the NEC, you should remember me as I guess not too many people said "Hi, I've got one of these !"

Hello & welcome - ooo a local Tagora???? Well as in the same county anyway :D Interesting marriage of sought after sporty Fords & a long forgotten & unloved Talbot! :shock::lol:
Ummmmm, yea, not an easy one to explain and a definate departure for me being a Ford man at heart. For some reason I remember seeing them as an impressionable young lad and I guess it stuck. When I found out how thin on the ground they are, I promised myself I'd buy the next one I saw for sale......and I waited years ! But she's in the Garage now and I'm a happy man :D

For some reason I remember seeing them as an impressionable young lad and I guess it stuck. When I found out how thin on the ground they are, I promised myself I'd buy the next one I saw for sale......and I waited years ! But she's in the Garage now and I'm a happy man :D

Sounds exactly like me with my Renault 14 :D

I didn't know you had another SX, whats the score with that one ???

Green A reg. 90k odd miles...nowhere near as nice as the red one. Needs a full respray, new exhaust, new wheels/tyres ,some interior bits. Engine is ok though. Like you, havent the time or funds to sort out at the mo.

For some reason I remember seeing them as an impressionable young lad and I guess it stuck. When I found out how thin on the ground they are, I promised myself I'd buy the next one I saw for sale......and I waited years ! But she's in the Garage now and I'm a happy man :D

Sounds exactly like me with my Renault 14 :D
Renault 14, blimey thats a car I honestly can't remember seeing for years, not even at shows. A school friend's parents had a gold one when I was at junior school, not sure I've seen one since :wink:

I didn't know you had another SX, whats the score with that one ???Green A reg. 90k odd miles...nowhere near as nice as the red one. Needs a full respray, new exhaust, new wheels/tyres ,some interior bits. Engine is ok though. Like you, havent the time or funds to sort out at the mo.

Sorry but two SX's is just plain greedy!!! Sounds similar to mine, maybe a little worse. Has the tin worm had much of a banquet ???

Would love to post some pics but at the mo she's laid up in the garage waiting her turn for some tlc. If you go to the Motorbase site there is a picture of her. YHP 801X in all her lovely Tagoraness, and most definately not in Scotland any more !

Posted Image

EDIT: Source plus more Tagoras: http://www.motorbase.com/profiles/pictu ... tagora;p=0

That don't look at all bad, Ticky!! :D

That pics a little flattering, its no shed but you can't see that the silver paint down the sides is now as flat as a pancake, and the passenger door mirror turned to dust and fell off within weeks of me collecting her (got a brand new spare one fortunately!) The wheels also need a complete refurb too. The main thing is she's 99% solid as these things can simply dissolve, there was definately good ones and bad ones.

Got any pics of the 14, Regie?I've not seen one in years either! I remember they did a mauve-y coloured one called a "Regency" (?) . Was that a special edition?

Whereabouts in Herts are you boobydoo? I was born in Hitchin & last I was there, there was a derelict R14 in someone's driveway. Need someone local to go see if it's still there though! It's been in that driveway with a Hillman Avenger for company unmoved for years & years!For pics of my cars (except the R9) follow my signature link :wink: Yes Regency was a UK special edition of 500 cars. I would say more maroon coloured, although in theory it should be regency red :lol: I have a brochure of it somewhere, they even had rear window blinds!I like the look of the Safrane edition, a Dutch special in bright orange!Spain got the best standard model, the GTS with the best mix of spec versus engine 8)

When I was but a youngun my sisters boyfriend had three series one Renault 12 TS's in succession, one red, one yellow and one orange, and I LOVED them ! Then a 16, then an 18, then a 9 and god that was dull, but made up for it with a Fuego Turbo in black !!! Still like older Renaults, funny how things influence you when your a nipper. Hence the Tagora :wink:

Let me know where it is and I shall go investigate.Nice pics. How many 14s are left?

Here are the pics from the previous times I visited it;http://autoshite.commlm/forum/viewtopic.ph ... sc&start=0if it's still there it'll be on Woolgrove Road close to the railway bridge, about 2 - 4 houses away from itI really don't know to be honest, not many is all I can safely say. I believe there are 3 or 4 in the Renault Owners Club GB. I know of 2 other current owners of 14s in the UK, both very smart series 2s

Hey another Tagora owner! This is excellent news, now we need to find the other one of 6 known cars then...........Could it be the gold one on Motorbase?But kudos to you Tagora owners. It makes me want a car so much more now.Hey regie, your 14 looks so clean! I love that. How are they as cars, honestly?

Could it be the gold one on Motorbase?

Hey regie, your 14 looks so clean! I love that. How are they as cars, honestly?

I was looking at that one - check the serks! 8)

Posted Image

another UK one Posted Image

I would say the 14 is quite underrated! Ok, mine is lacking the power of the TS, but otherwise it's a spacious, practical car which was actually very reliable whilst I was using it. It's curvy lines actually fit in better with today cars than my newer R9 with it's very straight edged boxy 80s shape. I feel far more self aware & the sense that I'm driving something almost alien to everything else around me when I'm in the 9, I actually catch people looking probably thinking 'WTF is that thing!?' I'm sure I didn't get that with the 14, if anyone noticed it, it was the older people who remembered them & it would have been a feeling of 'OMG there's one of those still going! Not seen one in years!' in pleasant shock rather than turning their nose up at it... still, good or bad I'd always rather be piloting something that not every Tom, Dick or Harry is driving & that applies to every one of my cars, even the modern ones I've had / got!

I always had a nice warm feeling driving the 14 (not in a weird way), I suppose it was a sense of pride that I was actually driving a car I'd yearned for for so long & now it was reality not a dream. Was rubbish at driving up hills though, it was like I was trying to drive up a brick wall! Would end up with a conga line of cars behind me! :lol: One of the main reasons I had to lay it up as a daily driver & get something modern & powerful. Must either be a Renault thing or just old cars in general because the R9 is just as rubbish at going up hills, even had a large tipper lorry overtake me going up hill! :oops: Not much progress from Renault engine wise between the 14 & the 9, the 14 being 1.2 & the 9 being 1.4 yet bhp is 57 in the 14 & only 60 in the 9 - nice one Renault! My Fiat Ritmo 1.3 has more horsepower than both of them, something like 65 horses I think - stick that in your pipe & smoke it Louis Renault! :lol:

Let me know where it is and I shall go investigate.Nice pics. How many 14s are left?

Here are the pics from the previous times I visited it;http://autoshite.commlm/forum/viewtopic.ph ... sc&start=0if it's still there it'll be on Woolgrove Road close to the railway bridge, about 2 - 4 houses away from itI really don't know to be honest, not many is all I can safely say. I believe there are 3 or 4 in the Renault Owners Club GB. I know of 2 other current owners of 14s in the UK, both very smart series 2s
Hey I've seen that 14 - a few years ago now when I in the area visiting Chevronics with my friend Chris Salter. We took a detour so he could show me the Renner - cos he's like that. We've often been on drives and stopped off at places where he knows there's old chod lurking :lol: .Mark.

Morning all. Firstly, apologies to everyone getting bored with all this Tagora talk, but we really dont often get the chance, believe me !!!Hi boobydoo, I was told that Rons Gold SX was sat on his drive, doing nothing for quite a while now ????? Even if it has been written off, I'm sure he would have kept it for parts.............................surely !