AS communal Rover 75 / MG ZT lickers thread

Cookiesouwest

Unfortunately, they are, or have, reached that age where they ae worth very little. For us it is great as we can pick up a very nice working vehicle for not too much cash. I do see some cars up on ebay/facebook for serious money, and yes perhaps for the very best it is warranted, but for the rest, £1250-£2000 seems about it for a cherished, low mileage example with a full MoT. These are lovely cars. They ride beautifully. The diesels are reasonably good on fuel, but the V6, on full chat, well, let me tell you, it will make the hairs stand up on the back of your neck and give you goose bumps! Lovely. My V6, unfortunately succumbed to the dreaded tin worm. Hopefully my tourer will fare better. 

• 4 weeks later...

I think my ZTT's battery is flat. Haven't used it since November, and now it won't unlock from either keyfob (though the light flashes on the fobs). On anything older/less advanced I'd just unlock it manually and connect a charger in situ and leave it for 12 hours or so - but I seem to recall reading something about 75's with flat batteries needing some special approach - anyone point me in the right direction? TIA.