RichardKs wanderings: C6 trippin' like a week in Annexia, need bug powder dust to even handle a Lexia

RichardK

I haven't bought it, I traded it for some stuff and I'm not entirely sure I want it, but I'm definitely curious...

It's green.
It was made in Britain in 2004.
It's got 12 months MoT.
It does about 25mpg as far as I can tell.
It has four doors.
It has leather seats.
It's got a CD player.

Just now, Tim_E said:

Can you drink Cider from a flagon though?

That would be irresponsible while driving. Do I look like someone who drinks cider from flagons?

2040747380_Snapseed2.thumb.jpg.779fddb6504c455208903cc78e6e6e82.jpg

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

S-type is basically a Scorpio with an even uglier interior and a fierce propensity for rust, IIRC... not my taste,
X-type has wrong driven wheels...
My feet don't fit in Rover 75/MGs with the correct driven wheels - but neither of those are my taste...

Observations:

Visibility is much better than I expected.
Even with 182K it feels surprisingly good and tight to drive.
Gearbox has behaved for 40 miles.
Bonnet opens the wrong way.
Boot is worryingly spacious for a Jaguar (previous Jag experience is limited).
I need a passenger mirror and they're hideously expensive on eBay.

I really would probably prefer something more 'me' like an HR-V or Volvo RWD estate, but I am liking this much more than I expected to*

*before paying for any parts, driving it any distance, or getting to the bottom of the low coolant warning.

13 minutes ago, Agila said:

Or a juicy x type i suppose. If it's not either one of my guesses my through the key holes skills are waining.

I read that as guesses though key holed sills and thought it was appropriate for an X-type.

• Haha 1

Just now, RichardK said:

I read that as guesses though key holed sills and thought it was appropriate for an X-type.

Nah 😆. It was thought the key hole David Frost "the clues were there" but I get what you mean. 

It does look good, I've always fancied one, I'd check that front subframe as it's been an advisory on the mot for the off side.

I reckon it would roffle well if you go bored.

Just now, Tim_E said:

Looks good from here 👍

A distance
Far from your wallet

It actually does look good. Not great, but then, if it looked great it would probably be worth something.

7959DE75-E9E3-46A8-BB43-BDF80E46C835.thumb.JPG.f835647f83ecd54e56d813ebe6a7bfe2.JPG

IMG_1589.thumb.JPG.0e4ea9a7acc67f49321f5e2d671b9929.JPG

IMG_1590.thumb.JPG.7be6b8bbdec409f0bb62cbef3e79fdd9.JPG

2004 called:

"SHIT! WARN THEM ABOUT FARAGE! AND BREXIT! AND 2020! AND ED SHEERAN!"

Pick one.

"ED SHEERAN!"

IMG_1595.thumb.JPG.37096c26d1ec91a27a99282a2d25b942.JPG

IMG_1598.thumb.JPG.0908fb2d0cae672fe7a70865c96e79ea.JPG

Which one will I wash first?

IMG_1562.thumb.JPG.ecf01fe29ef0c3a0022c51e364557fcd.JPG

2 minutes ago, Agila said:

Nah 😆. It was thought the key hole David Frost "the clues were there" but I get what you mean. 

It does look good, I've always fancied one, I'd check that front subframe as it's been an advisory on the mot for the off side.

I reckon it would roffle well if you go bored.

It has. I have been told of this, and the other advisories that I checked before it passed the MoT (I'm still curious about the mirror, but maybe it was stable enough to be okay). Sort of thing where I wonder how much work it is to swap over a subframe after properly rust-proofing vs. repairing in situ, but none of these are relevant to me because at the very most it will sit around going nowhere far while I accept it is a cheap Jag and just mess with it.

Otherwise I will find out if anyone wants it more than I do. Probably before I've removed the warped mesh from the grille and installed slatted original style bars which I think would be right for an XJ6 at this age, and added a Leaper because I like them and I don't care if people on twitter get upset thinking about all the pedestrians I'll spear. After all, the white beast is essentially what I want to buy next year - running over pedestrians isn't part of my plan so I don't need to worry what the vehicle will do to them.