Sainsbury's Archive

trigger

Is that a Cortina Lotus in the last picture? If so must be almost as rare as the 240K GT 2 cars along from it. And as for a 128 3P and a Renault 17 in the same picture ' be still my beating heart.image.thumb.png.6fb7a7b4dc8f121067f8a2880307782b.png

What do we think the coupe next to the Shadow is? At first I thought DB6 as its quite big not to be dwarfed by the Royce, but it seems to have external boot hinges and the back window looks too big.

34 minutes ago, NorfolkNWeigh said:

Is that a Cortina Lotus in the last picture? If so must be almost as rare as the 240K GT 2 cars along from it. And as for a 128 3P and a Renault 17 in the same picture ' be still my beating heart.image.thumb.png.6fb7a7b4dc8f121067f8a2880307782b.png

What do we think the coupe next to the Shadow is? At first I thought DB6 as its quite big not to be dwarfed by the Royce, but it seems to have external boot hinges and the back window looks too big.

Bond Equipe??

Finally got round to having a look at this archive...

The closest Sainsbury's to me is in Scunthorpe, but that was a Safeway, built on the 'Old Showground', the former home of Scunthorpe United, that became a Sainsbury after the Morrisons takeover.

I do remember when the Sainsbury opened off Clive Sullivan way in Hull though, as we lived on the North bank then. According to the website it was 1984 and I remember our next door neighbour was a regular customer. Sainsbury's wasn't for my Mum though, she was a Jackson's/Grandways regular...

Hull (Hessle) 1984

SA_BRA_7_H_37_47hr.jpg

Hull (Hessle) June 1984

SA_BRA_7_H_37_37hr.jpg

June 1984

SA_BRA_7_H_37_54hr.jpg

June 1984

image.thumb.png.d3019b0432537711ef119ac87f22d1ed.png

SA_BRA_7_H_37_51hr.jpg

1 hour ago, HMC said:

Nine elms, London 1983

39D9B0BD-3973-443E-B3ED-9DC4535F7335.thumb.png.3e10b72a7e83bded6bdb123a6d82f3ca.png

Capri 3-litre Ghia lasted another 24 years on the road, last taxed summer 2007, when it was recorded as 'black'. May still be locked away somewhere.

These old pics are fantastic, would click on 'like' for every single one. Could (and probably will) spend hours looking at details.

Capri 3-litre Ghia lasted another 24 years on the road, last taxed summer 2007, when it was recorded as 'black'. May still be locked away somewhere.
These old pics are fantastic, would click on 'like' for every single one. Could (and probably will) spend hours looking at details.

Cool Sigma , I think it was 2 litres that had the vinyl roofs or accident damage , a hot favourite for body shops at the time , “rolled your Capri mate , no problem what colour of roof do you want ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk