HMC- new xk8 Jag commuter

HMC

16 hours ago, HMC said:

The acclaim dropped onto 3 cylinders on the way back. It also got quite hot in traffic, the fan cut in, but it was smoking quite a bit..

How much 4 the bumpers m9?

Mine used to get quite hot but it only had about 1/16th of the cooling fins on the rad still intact...

7 hours ago, neil1971 said:

Not my photo but spotted the 300C at Ringwood Cheetahs banger track, fortunately only in the car park!

nissan300C.jpg.b340e3b07ec7286a9b76746e859b4812.jpg

Still kicking myself for not jumping on this immediately!

• Like 2

Safrane has been sold on, as has the Acclaim.   The GS also has (the latter 2 to shiters, and the GS to a person interested when it was  first offered up in the summer.)

The Samara is due to be on the road by the end of this week. Its not my only car though….

IMG_7398.jpeg.a80247519d09de22e14c4e677331d605.jpeg

6 minutes ago, HMC said:

Safrane has been sold on, as has the Acclaim.   The GS also has (the latter 2 to shiters, and the GS to a person interested in in when it was  first offered up in the summer.)

The Samara is due to be on the road by the end of this week. Its not my only car though….

Shame about the Safrane, hope it went to a good home. For this one just want to very clearly say DIBS though! Was always interested in the XK8.

9 minutes ago, HMC said:

Safrane has been sold on, as has the Acclaim.   The GS also has (the latter 2 to shiters, and the GS to a person interested in in when it was  first offered up in the summer.)

Still a staggeringly good looking car.

They look great but I didnt enjoy the driving experience. Very floaty but you still crash over potholes and zero handling, power is on par with a 2.0 litre not a 4.0 litre as well, I was disappointed so moved it on

13 hours ago, Schaefft said:

Still kicking myself for not jumping on this immediately!

There's been so many great bargains from @HMC,  we don't look at the forum for a couple of hours and miss out on something that's been snapped up straightaway! If I remember correctly, this popped up for sale in Wales for lot more money quite soon afterwards.

1 hour ago, cbowditch said:

They look great but I didnt enjoy the driving experience. Very floaty but you still crash over potholes and zero handling, power is on par with a 2.0 litre not a 4.0 litre as well, I was disappointed so moved it on

I know what you mean, i think the big low profile but cheap brands on this one doesnt help.

Fat, cheap tyres must be par for the course for a poundland grand tourer.

19 hours ago, HMC said:

Safrane has been sold on, as has the Acclaim.   The GS also has (the latter 2 to shiters, and the GS to a person interested when it was  first offered up in the summer.)

That reg is so close to the coupe I used to have! I thought it was my old car for a second..!

• HMC changed the title to HMC- new xk8 Jag commuter