Househunting Spots

Spottedlaurel

So, for some mysterious reason we've been looking at moving house recently. Went to view a place yesterday which we already knew might be interesting, this is what we found:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Reckon I could make use of that?! OK, not up to Bickle standards but pretty good what? Place sits in 2/3 of an acre and is up the end of a track so nobody could ever see what would be hidden away.

As an extension would be built up to where the Camry is parked the driveway would be extended round to the LH side of the shed, with those terrible Leylandii going.

Posted Image

The vendor and his father have built several of these, their own design of GRP tub with 1400cc Mini running gear. He said they're scary...

Posted Image

Model T belongs to a friend of their's. Rest of the red telephone box is in the garden. The enclosed bit was full of car bits, as was another outbuilding (JBA Falcon type stuff). Pretty sure a neighbour has one or things tucked away on their land too.

It is likely we will be making an offer :wink:

Anyone want to buy a nice big ex-Council house in near Norwich with a garage and parking for up to 10 cars?...

OOF!The sort of property of which I can only dream. They just don't seem to exist round here any more, or if they do they are sold as 'development opportunities' for vast sums to olegious little gits in cheap suits who think that a making 10% profit margin by cramming the site with naff bovis-esque boxes makes them some kind of big-shot.

Anyone want to buy a nice big ex-Council house in near Norwich with a garage and parking for up to 10 cars?...

How much? ;-)
Going to be instructing the estate agent tomorrow, he valued it at £210,000. Discount given for quick sale cash/cheque to Autoshiters, but no Paypal please (can you imagine the fees :shock: ).We're going to have a good crack at this new place, it has lots of potential and is in a great location with all that space. Negotiations have been ongoing tonight as to how much space the 'parking court' will take up (Mrs SL already referring to it as scrapyard :lol: ).

Blimey, interesting to hear that house prices your way are not that far adrift from the 'preposterously pricey' South East. Mind you, not had ours valued so no idea what it's worth now, probably about the same.Looks like a nice find, anyway. Far from where you are now? (Which seemed pretty idyllic to me)

I'll let you sit in the Charmant for one hour (supervised). You may use the radio, twin gloveboxes, hazard lights and all headlight settings. In return, one house!

IF it works out then shite-related activities will have to be curtailed for a bit. Accord would go, not so much for the money it would raise but to avoid paying tax and insurance on a non-essential vehicle (anyone here interested?), and the Laurel may have to be mothballed (but at least there’s space for it).There’d be no more additions to the various collections of brochures, kits and magazines, but I think I’ve got enough to keep me busy for a bit there (though wouldn’t have much time for them anyway given the house/garden work I’d be doing for the first year or two). The Camry might prove to be a better investment than I thought, as it would certainly be working hard on tip duties and fetching materials.Fingers crossed…

I’ll keep you both posted on the Accord and start a separate thread if/when it does become available. I think MC is first in the queue as he’s already expressed interest...Drove it to work today. Yes, much the same as the 3dr but I think fractionally smoother, it’s my preferred choice of the two.

Thats easy done...we all look at so many cars. Like you I would have to try & sweet talk my better half. How much MOT & Tax is there?? And did you get any work done on it?? Cambelt? welding?ThanksRG

MoT about October, Tax April IIRC. Haven't done cam belt, did get sill ends welded but it really needs arches, LH front wing and a bit of work around the fuel filler. Two brand new Avon tyres, two Michelins came with it that are very good. New back box on exhaust, rest looked pretty good.

• 1 month later...

So, the place that started off this thread fell through for us as they wanted too much. Bit of searching and some hard negotiating has seen us agree an offer on this rather interesting house:

Posted Image

Neighbours? Pah! It's 200yds up that track from the south, and there's nothing beyond it. The building at the bottom is a big double garage, long enough that there's a workshop/store at the end of it so I can store two cars and parts under cover. Then there's the building on the left, an insulated workshop/outbuilding that measures 35x14'!

As Ratdat and others who've visited will testify, there is a lot of stuff here. Dozens, possibly hundreds, of ex-Nissan UK lever arch files. Boxes and boxes of magazines, brochures, books, kits, Scalextric etc. At last I can get it all sorted and accessible so it can be used properly! Think I'll pick up a tatty leather armchair, one of those lamps with the green glass shade and I'll never be seen again...

Milford Cubicle, seen my PM? The Accord is sadly going to have to go as I won't initially be able to run three cars and, despite having space to store it, it's not the sort of car that will benefit from or warrant being stashed away. If you don't want it I know someone else who might :wink:

Ratdat, do you realise the slight coincidence here? The day you first viewed your place in Lincs you'd stayed here, now we've seen this and we saw you that same day.

I take it it is in Lincs rather than Norfolk?

I probably did write that in a rather confusing way, the house is still in Norfolk. Despite being very rural, it is difficult to find houses here with a bit of land or at least decent space/buildings for reasonable money - anything in a vilage with a sniff of potential for development goes for lots.