Pug 309 retrieval and rehoming.

Jim Bell

It was a frigid morning in April, and I was a fool.

My alarm beeped and beeped and beeped.

There was something I was meant to do today, I thought as I picked at some eye-snot which had built a home in the corner of one of my looking holes.

Oh yeah. I have to go to a suburb of Birmingham to buy a car I've already owned.

Shirley you can't be serious, I hear you think.

I am serious.

And don't call me Shirley.

Let's go to Shirley.

06:24 equipment check.

TVB2Wm5.png

Cash. For buy car.

Lucky peg. In case get stabbed situation.

Lockback stiletto. To win at get stabbed situation.

No scotch gang can take my £300 or my Shit Car and cover it up as botched drug deal.

300 odd miles to go. Let's hit the road.

There's time to kill while the public transport jobs it's job, so I'll tell you about the destination car.

I bought it about 4 years ago when I was dead cool. Because I was dead cool, I put leather in it. And deep dish steel wheels under it. And coilovers on it. I then sold it at a massive loss.

Another Shitter spotted it for sale on eBay recently and sent me a link. It's now on plain steels, strut suspension and has a touching cloth GTI interior chair set.

I couldn't really remember why is sold it in the first place, and couldn't think of any reason not to buy it back, so o bunged the seller an email.

"BARRY! I've been looking for your number everywhere!"

He remembered me.

"I dont want to sell the car, but I need funds for the 305 cambelts and brakes".

A gentleman of taste.

"if you give me first refusal when you come to move it on, I'd be happy for you to come one get it."

Low numbers were discussed. Theoretical handshake was offered and received. Tickets booked.

Here we are today on the way.

Good luck! Reading this with interest as I've just arrived at work in....... Shirley. It's a fair pull from Slade, hence mega early commute to avoid OMGM6KAOS.

Give us a wave as you go past the old Lucas R&D building (can't miss it , it's the big 60s thing next to the hideous Audi bling palace on the Stratford Rd as you head back out to the M42)

04Rx8l8.png

08:22 blue dot update says York.

ckHPWxe.png

Two polished old Australian women talked about the men who pause from deep under immaculate hairdos all the way from Fartlington. I wish I could say I learned a lot but all they taught me was that their Bruce's have given up on them and left abandoned them to each other. Which seemed cruel.

Cj49TAK.png

Think the trolly dolly fancies me. He's offered me a bottle of Doom Bar twice. It'd take more than that, Gavin but do have a lovely day.

Actually, maybe I just look like an Alchaholic and he's just trying to look after me. Now I feel sad and ugly.

Blue dot update sez DONCASTUH

UEs0JGs.png

The lad in the Burtons suit sitting behind me is on his way to a meeting with Charles re: the Leeds Bradford airport contract. He's speakung overtly loudly on his phone. I bet he has red braces on.

I listen to the conversation. Pick out all of the management speak, chew it up and swallow it like nuggets of braised kidney so that I can enjoy shitting it out later.

I hope red braces and Charles both die in a chip pan fire. We can but hope.