Dave's shonkers - Electroshite livin'

Dave_Q

5 minutes ago, loserone said:

The lease price hike really fucks these over, when they were a grand to buy out they were superb value.  

TBH I am going to at least try and have a word with them to see if any negotiation is possible, they are patently not worth £2000 when I can buy a used battery for £1000 or less.

Also have you checked under the boot trims/floor for condensation? My stepdads gets like a fucking rainforest back there, I make a point of checking it 3 times a year so it doesn't cause damage. Ditto the mud traps behind the front mud flaps by the a pillar (which themselves seem very flimsy) 

Having been out in there's a few times now their very chuckable on little a and b roads! I don't think my stepdad takes his out of eco bar when he need to floor it for a gap and it bowls along fine, still faster than most of the traffic 😂 (eco limits the top speed I think but as he says, you never actually hit that speed anyway) 

Anything more than that is grim though as he does 56mph top speed. I took them to Rustival and he did hold on a bit for a while as we sat in lane 3 of the m40 merrily spanking along with the traffic. 

5 hours ago, Dave_Q said:

TBH I am going to at least try and have a word with them to see if any negotiation is possible, they are patently not worth £2000 when I can buy a used battery for £1000 or less.

463811926_2152413348488184_8521151415446012639_n.jpg

31 minutes ago, 1duck said:

sounds like time to try a different dealership or direct to renault head office.

It's all done by this financial services arm, nothing to do with dealers or head office really, the above email just sounds like bollocks 

I rang the useless shitmunchers again today to chase up the lease for the white one.

Call 1: tried to gaslight me into saying I had given her the reg wrong (she had typed NV13 instead of NG13, I gave it in phonetics FFS and G and V are next to each other on the keyboard) then refused to talk to me as I failed security mostly because I couldn't give them the agreement number they haven't sent me.

Call 2: the woman was competent but put me on hold for 30min while trying to get through to *someone* to see WTF was going on, claimed they've not had the forms which was fucking news to me as they confirmed they had had them on 29/09. Then another 10min on hold after which she said someone will be in touch soon.

I also got her to check if she had any record of it being written off and them being paid out for it, she said not. She reckons that the insurance companies sometimes pay out the full whack including the battery to the policyholder who then needs to pay mobilize, obviously not everyone does. And in this case I believe the owner just kept it as it never went through copart.

Sounds mildly fishy but at least I tried.