Dave goes to VW Action.. what will he take..

DaveDorson

So, do I take my Mk5 golf to a VW show..

I do have a trailer tent.  I've just MOTd my Range Rover..that would make absolute sense wouldn't it?

Nahhh, trailer tents are a faff.  

IMG_20230831_195336_773.thumb.jpg.a2fe4c75dd4f9162be3d7f6006bd73ee.jpg

I'll take Papa Dorsons motor home.  Why not eh?

We've never used it.  It's a petrol engined one, but life's about the adventure and Santa Pod isn't that far from my house..

• Like 3

I've driven this 11 miles so far.. I can conclude, it sounds like an air cooled VW, it drives similarly to a 2.0 air cooled T3 van to be honest, in that it's noisy, it's gutless and you'll be searching for a gear at the sign of an incline.  It's only done 60k miles and it's got 4 new tyres on it so it's not the worst one to drive. 

It'll be more comfortable to sleep in than anything else I own though so that's good.

Because I'm covering the event for VWBus magazine, I got a press pass for the fair wife. She took some spectacular photographs, like this little SEAT clagging like a bastard.

IMG_6814.thumb.JPG.91166f17886dfb8d60ab513be349470c.JPG

Didn't see anyone from here, but managed to say goodbye to Brian, Chris, Kevo & Jenson amongst others. Will it ever be the same?

5 hours ago, barefoot said:

Didn't see anyone from here, but managed to say goodbye to Brian, Chris, Kevo & Jenson amongst others. Will it ever be the same?

Don't know you to look at but I was in VZi camping and also had a press pass for photo ops

2023-09-04_08-14-52.thumb.jpg.27b295734449f3a5d5f76dcebaf2df22.jpg

Did feel very sad knowing this year is probably the last as we know it.

Tried to catch Bri after the awards ceremony but I think he was trying to avoid too much attention. Jensen seemed pretty happy with the awful ornament I found in a charity shop for some reason

FB_IMG_1693855063590.jpg

FB_IMG_1693855058001.jpg

7 hours ago, barefoot said:

I'm not sure it will be.

I've so many happy memories of NAS Events run shows over the years, things do change though.

Sarah and I said we're not sure about next year, it's getting quite expensive these days and it's lost some of the vibe over the last few years.

We've made so many good friends but the last few years have been a struggle as we've lost a few friends along the way too.

Seeing the crew, getting involved with the fund raising for Brad's cancer foundation, that was a massive part for us and has been for 20 years or so now.

• Like 2