Eye-catching black and whites

forddeliveryboy

image.thumb.png.e5503ee52f604a171307507757657607.png

48 cars in a Westinghouse Electric and Manufacturing Company Elevator Parking Garage in downtown Chicago’s business district. Built 1936. 

Confirms the adage that 'orl modernz luk the same'.

image.thumb.png.35110ea055f31e3517670b5b6798c19e.png

The very last H van rolls off the line. Probably to be found serving over expensive lukewarm coffee in a field near you this summer.

1 hour ago, martc said:

The very last H van rolls off the line. Probably to be found serving over expensive lukewarm coffee in a field near you this summer.

It'll need feckin' hovercraft skirts to get anywhere near here by the summer if this bloody rain does not stop.
Have this instead

image.thumb.png.a05e610b5f89a7285ee634782d9508a3.png

2 hours ago, EyesWeldedShut said:

It'll need feckin' hovercraft skirts to get anywhere near here by the summer if this bloody rain does not stop.
Have this instead

image.thumb.png.a05e610b5f89a7285ee634782d9508a3.png

My Dad had a very late 1982 Cortina 2.3 GL estate auto. Nice dark green colour.

I  still can't believe that in the mid 90's  myself &  a mate took his Mk5 to Dagenham to be used in an add campaign & didn't realise that I could have drove that around the plant.

It's a silver 1.6 crusader saloon  GHK 1 Y & still part of the Ford UK collection.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Metal Guru said:

My Dad had a very late 1982 Cortina 2.3 GL estate auto. Nice dark green colour.

I bought a manual 2.0 GL for not a lot of money as a divorce stop gap. Lots of brown inside and it was rather thirsty - OK to drive and look after. Stuck a clutch in it and doubled my money (eventually)
Not a bad car tbh.

2 hours ago, EyesWeldedShut said:

I bought a manual 2.0 GL for not a lot of money as a divorce stop gap. Lots of brown inside and it was rather thirsty - OK to drive and look after. Stuck a clutch in it and doubled my money (eventually)
Not a bad car tbh.

Thirsty by today’s standards but probably pretty average at the time, plus they only had a four speed gear box.