Edd's Talbot Samba Thread

SambaS

That Samba is full of, well, Style! Hope it sails through the MoT.

a letter from my landlord telling me to remove all unTAXed vehicles from their property

I'd write back telling him to mind his own bloody business. This sort of behaviour needs to be nipped in the bud before they come 'visit' you at 11pm on a random Tuesday. In fact, I've left a house because the landlady (who lived in Spain and had never actually met me) was complaining about the lawn not being mowed regularly (I am not a garden person and the fully-furnished house didn't come with a mower!).

Well good luck from me as well SambaS with the MOT on the Style tomorrow. Looks good with the that Rallye steering wheel fitted. :) Seeing that pic of the outside brings back some good memories of my old Samba Style. Always wanted to add a set of the proper alloys but could never find a set. An good news with getting a clutch sorted for your Cabriolet too.

Sounds like a bit of Euro Car Parts' handiwork

"Hi there, can you send me a clutch for a 1.6 capri?"

"Certainly sir" (sticks a clutch for a Reliant 850 in the post)

They sending me another Jetta clutch this time with a release bearing as they are told it'll fit. We will see. The plate is very similar but the housing is nowhere near

Sounds like a bit of Euro Car Parts' handiwork

"Hi there, can you send me a clutch for a 1.6 capri?"

"Certainly sir" (sticks a clutch for a Reliant 850 in the post)

i once got a box of brake pads from those mongs, not only the wrong pads, but only two of them

• 2 weeks later...

While searching for the ever illusive S, I have found these for sale:

This is an LS in Group B rally Spec: 3800 euros

284516_10151066964687992_1584880956_n.jpg

The blue car is also an LS it's 2000 euros

523270_10151066965222992_86270232_n.jpg

561559_10151066965722992_1615469154_n.jpg

This shell is group B spec but I'm unsure what it started life as 2000euros

643982_10151066985552992_647050656_n.jpg

This is a proper group B car ready to use and is 22,000 euros :shock:

561547_10151066991077992_1939593893_n.jpg

If that's not enough, here are some in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVfDFYzAOXA&feature=related

And this is a pair of Talbot Samba Rallye road cars:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTF34S8KJyw&feature=related

This seems to suggest the search is over!!!!!!

hola muy buenas yo tengo uno sin documentacion en negro x 1200e esta en buen estado

Is it possible to register a car without papers with the DVLA?

I'm sure that the likes of Bickle and Mr B will have been through similar stuff in the past.

By the way, if you need any help with Spanish, or need to call anyone there, lemme know. I can speak it fairly fluently.

Oh excellent thanks, i've spoken to DVLA, it's no big problem, but if i cant provide proof of the cars age it will be assigned a Q plate.

The Sport was only available between 1982 and 3 on either a Y or A reg so shouldnt be too hard, I'll just get some suppporting docs from SCUK or the like.

There must be somebody at Peugeot who will be able to officially decode the VIN. I don't know whether it's a service that you can pay for, or something that can only be done as a favour, but it wouldn't hurt to ask your local dealer and/or e-mail Peugeot UK.

It is a screen shot from a video hence the crapness. It was about 18 months old when I bought it with 9k, £2,700 I think? I liked how quick it was and kept in another 18 months. Doubt if it survived. I'll have to dig the video out and check the reg on the DVLA.