Shitefest 2012 - 14th July - PARTY TIME!

Betaboy2.0

I hate camping so much I'd rather sleep in my car.

In a Princess? I'd rather sleep in that than a tent! :D Big comfy interior, nice solid* doors and roof.... just the job.

I have never actually been camping, surely it makes more sense to sleep in the metal box with doors and windows than a fabric cube in front of the metal box?

I really like camping. Well, I say really like. I've had more comfortable nights under canvas than I have trying to sleep in cars! Mk2 Fiesta - rubbish. Citroen 2CV (with three friends!) rubbish. Citroen BX estate - pretty rubbish. Citroen Dyane - rubbish. I sleep in TentShite - it's a two-man Eurohike that I bought in 1999 for Glastonbury. Amazingly, it survived that and has lasted me very nicely. Has a porch and everything.

I love camping too, last time I went it was November and it was bloody cold on the North East Coast, however I was prepared for it :) Tried sleeping in the Samba a few years back - that wasn't very comfortable, less comfortable than a 2 man tent at twice capacity on a load of rocks on the shore of Ullswater (saved on extortionate campsite fees though - winner). The FSO boot fits me in diagonally and would save putting up a tent, I will trial it, probably at Shitefest 8)

Shall I mention at this point that I have a Tompson MiniGlen caravan in the field. Nice to refer to as "the guest annexe". Strangely, my guests always seem disappointed when they actually see it. I could offer it for use at Shitefest. Best offer secures. And by best offer, I don't necessarily mean dosh. So, what's it worth for a nite in a retro caravan........ Eg a quartic wheel, or a left handed screwdriver etc...........

• 2 weeks later...

I've just been sorting out my shed. ( The garden one, not the one I drive) and I found a box full of old haynes repair manuals and a handfull of different brochures that I'd forgotten about.

I'll bring them all to Shitefest in July and if anyone wants any of them they are welcome to them. They have got a bit damp in the shed, they just smell a bit but the pages aren't stuck together (ooer missus)

If anyone wants a particular one and wants me to look to see if I've got one before shitefest, if I've got it I'll put your name on it so you can collect it there .

"the guest annexe". Strangely, my guests always seem disappointed when they actually see it.

caravan2.jpg

I'll be bringing some original press packs for sale as I am doing some clearing out. From memory;

Sierra 1 '82

Sierra 2 '87

Granada 3 '85

Rover R8

Maestro (I think)

Montego

Renault Espace

Renault 25

Vauxhall/Opel Calibra

all are complete, although some have the separate photos missing. These were from Autocar's editorial offices in Teddington, they were getting rid, the guy I got them from had a day to box up and take their whole library!

Also there will be some stuff from various Geneva show press days from 1996-2000.

Also some boxes of car handbooks (too many to list) these will be free to anyone who needs one, (or 10!). Lots of 80's BL/AR, Ford, Vauxhall and Peugeot in particular.

Not got many bits lying about here. Got a wood rim Mota-Lita wheel somewhere. Bit scruffy but kinda cool in a speed boat kind of way.

If anyone wants it, I'll bring it.

Also, if anyone off 'ere buys Le 604, I expect it to make it to Shitefestâ„¢

^^^It looks like most of the Lancias left in the UK will be at Shitefest :D !

This is a very silly question, but isn't being drunk/pissed/paralytic etc and then sleeping in a car technically the same as drink driving? even if on private land? All being about the 'in charge of a motor vehicle whilst under the influence' etc'?

EDIT: I will be bringing some hubcaps as well, including a Toyota Corona one as featured in the 'wheeltrim ID' thread, some will be a couple of quid and some will be free, there's one for a Daf 33 or 44 which can go to whoever turns up in one!

^^^It looks like most of the Lancias left in the UK will be at Shitefest :D !

This is a very silly question, but isn't being drunk/pissed/paralytic etc and then sleeping in a car technically the same as drink driving? even if on private land? All being about the 'in charge of a motor vehicle whilst under the influence' etc'?

EDIT: I will be bringing some hubcaps as well, including a Toyota Corona one as featured in the 'wheeltrim ID' thread, some will be a couple of quid and some will be free, there's one for a Daf 33 or 44 which can go to whoever turns up in one!

Not sure about on private land but i know someone who lost there licence for sleeping in the back of there car with their car keys in their pocket still.

Is there a namelist for who's going to this, it sounds EP'C.

All being well I'll be there, Not sure whether I'll be in the Cortina or Golf yet as it depends on the weather and how much money i have for fuel, I get 200 miles on £50, 370 round trip = Nearly £100 there and back! :shock:

Not sure about on private land but i know someone who lost there licence for sleeping in the back of there car with their car keys in their pocket still.

Is there a namelist for who's going to this, it sounds EP'C.

All being well I'll be there, Not sure whether I'll be in the Cortina or Golf yet as it depends on the weather and how much money i have for fuel, I get 200 miles on £50, 370 round trip = Nearly £100 there and back! :shock:

I had heard this but never actually knew of it definitely happening - it's obviously not a urban myth then. Maybe Betaboy can keep all our keys in a locked cabinet!

Station - the namelist is on page 10 on this thread

I had heard this but never actually knew of it definitely happening - it's obviously not a urban myth then. Maybe Betaboy can keep all our keys in a locked cabinet!

Station - the namelist is on page 10 on this thread

I had heard this but never actually knew of it definitely happening - it's obviously not a urban myth then.

Most definitely not. I know a chap who was banned for the same thing. He got a year ban, was tough for him as he was basically the entire body shop staff for his local Fiat dealership and getting from the paint shop to the main work shop involved a 100 yd drive on the road. Which he couldn't do without a licence. The beak banned him anyway.

I had heard this but never actually knew of it definitely happening - it's obviously not a urban myth then.

Most definitely not. I know a chap who was banned for the same thing. He got a year ban, was tough for him as he was basically the entire body shop staff for his local Fiat dealership and getting from the paint shop to the main work shop involved a 100 yd drive on the road. Which he couldn't do without a licence. The beak banned him anyway.

It was my sisters boyfriend it happened too, he's a really nice bloke and not the sure to drink and drive, he's bloody unlucky though , My mates brother is a solicitor and he said if you leave your key's on the floor of the car you'll be ok, it's only if you leave them in the ignition or in your pocket that you can get done.

Technically you can get nicked if you go out on the lash with your car keys in your pocket even if your cars 100's of miles away as your still in charged of the vehicle, I'm sure nearly all of us have our house key on our car keys have been out on the beer with them in our pockets.

It was my sisters boyfriend it happened too, he's a really nice bloke and not the sure to drink and drive, he's bloody unlucky though , My mates brother is a solicitor and he said if you leave your key's on the floor of the car you'll be ok, it's only if you leave them in the ignition or in your pocket that you can get done.

Technically you can get nicked if you go out on the lash with your car keys in your pocket even if your cars 100's of miles away as your still in charged of the vehicle, I'm sure nearly all of us have our house key on our car keys have been out on the beer with them in our pockets.